Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sdc719 Posts: 29, Reputation: 2

Nov 9, 2007, 10:15 PM
    Does stress cause lack of arousal or affection?
    My husband and I do not have a consecutive sex life, but there are the says that I'm all fired up. Most days I don't want anything to do with him that could lead to sex. Lately I panic when we kiss, cuddle on the couch, and hold hands. It's like all the affection has run out of my body. My husband thinks I'm being hateful but I just don't want to be close lately. We have two children and I go to school fulltime but I don't know what's going on. We have plenty of time together while the kids are at school. Any suggestions?
    jbarrington Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2007, 07:33 AM
    The short answer is that periods of great stress and feelings of being overwhelmed can affect people and their feelings.

Now, the question is what thing or things are causing the stress. Your classes? His job? Your children? Your husband? Your family? His family? Money issues? Unknown health issues?

If it’s him that is the single source of the stress, then it’s almost like a mixed message. Sort of like a “I want him, but I don’t WANT him”

Since you mentioned that you are “fired up”, It sounds more like the other days could be a “I NEED him, but I don’t WANT him, but I don’t know how to tell him or tell him what’s wrong in my life today.”

With the school and kids, perhaps it’s that you feel like on certain days that everyone in the world is wanting something from you, or wanting another piece of you, and when your husband approaches you, you have the feeling that it’s just another person in line wanting something from you.

If this is the case, it should be a simple case of just telling him kindly that you need a secure hug. A long, wrap-around (standup) hug that only reassures and that isn’t going to lead to something else. Tell him roughly but kindly that you are feeling overwhelmed at that moment, and that the hug represents a moment where you are getting something from someone else and that they are not getting anything in return. Request from him a few things that could help lead to releasing the feelings of stress or being overwhelmed.

You could see your doctor with help with the stress, or you could take over the counter vitamins that are heavy in stress relievers. I take one daily “Super B” vitamin, and a two GABA supplements an hour before bed. The Super B is something that I purchased at Walmart and it really helps. The GABA is a natural mood relaxer that be purchase at GNC. GABA is good during the day, but is great at night towards relaxing you for sleep.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vitamins to enhance arousal [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for vitamins that will enhance sexual arousal. I have researched on the internet and found Gingko, Damiana, Vitamin E, and zinc. I was wondering if there are any more that I haven't found. Also, if anyone knows more about loss of sexual desire and how to fix it, please let me know. ...

Easy arousal! [ 30 Answers ]

Hey I an 18y.o gay male and a virgin and I want to know how I can stop being so easily aroused. Whenever I'm even just pulling/kissing a guy I get a full erection and its even wet. There is then a wet patch on my jeans. Even when I try thinking of different things it won't go away! Its really...

Lack of money, lack of job, banging my head against a brick wall it seems. [ 8 Answers ]

OK, this has been going on for over 6 months now and I need for it to end... ive not done anything and neither has he, but I am finding it very hard to get a job, the last job I had six months ago was temp,they let me go after a month being there. I have been trying hard to get work, as of yet its...

I lose arousal quick [ 13 Answers ]

Im a 20 year old female, and have been with my boyfriend for 3 years. We just recently started having sex its always been hard to get me ready to go, but now it seams like when he finally does get me frisky if he stops for too long (o say a sec or two) I all of a sudden lose the arousel feeling....

Sexual arousal [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I've been married for 6 years now soon to be 7 we had 3 children within a 4 year period we've lost our connection and just wondering if there's any suggestions on how to get the spark going again Thanks dode:confused:

View more questions Search