Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RISurfer20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 09:50 PM
    2 Wire thermostat. Want to run fan only.
    I have a programmable thermostat and would like to run the fan only at times to circulate air in my home. I have a gas forced hot air furnace. I have a two wire system and therefore the green wire to connect to the fan control is non existent. How can I create a three wire system? I figure I need to receive the green wire from the furnace fan to the thermostat to have control of the fan only. Can this be done? How much would something like this cost for a professional to correct?
    hixton Posts: 146, Reputation: 5

Nov 10, 2007, 09:51 AM
    You need to pull a 4 wire thermostat wire to replace the 2 wire you have now sometimes it's easy depends on where the wire is ran if it just to the basement you could do it yourself

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to Wire a Thermostat to blower fan for alternate heat source [ 5 Answers ]

Hello all I just built a plenum around my coal stove and I need to wire in a stat , limit switch to run a blower fan . Thanks Steve PS I have all the parts off and hot air oil furnace.

Wire exhaust fan to thermostat [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to wire an exhaust fan to a thermostat in a green house so when temp reaches 80 degrees fan will come on and stay on until thermostat is satisfied. The only power source is an outlet in green hs. Going to use an old power tool cord cut off an old power tool. Plug it into the outlet and...

Programmable Thermostat, Fan runs, Heat/Air do not run in Auto setting [ 10 Answers ]

I am installing a Honeywell, RTH230B. My connections are: R to Rh (red jumper to Rc that came with the unit) W to W Y to Y G to G B to nothing The fan comes on (when set to "on").

3-wire home, 3-wire fan, 2-wire remote [ 9 Answers ]

Greetings, My home is 3-wire. I bought a Hunter ceiling fan (model 23811). The fan came with a remote assy. That I do NOT want to use... The fan has standard 3-wire connections (black, white, blk&white strip, ground). The remote receiver home-side wiring looks to be for 2-wire (blk and white)....

View more questions Search