Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cmomgo Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 11:59 AM
    Clothes smell like oil
    I have a Whirlpool Dryer and my clothes have been coming out smelling like oil. They have no spots on them, they just smell like oil. My husband does work at Deere and comes home with grease on his clothes, but I wash them separate from the rest of our clothes. It is also taking a long time for our clothes to dry. Any suggestions?
    applsvcgirl Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Nov 10, 2007, 03:24 AM
    I believe the problem you are having is actually stemming from a problem in the washer. The dryer usually gets the blame since that is where we notice it and this also may include the dry time. If you could supply me with the brand and model numbers for both machines we can try and resolve this together.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas/sewer smell when using electric clothes dryer [ 29 Answers ]

We have had a sewer/gas smell in our laundry room on and off for about a year now. At first we thought it was coming from our new Kenmore front load washing machine as we would get the smell when doing laundry. We had a plumber take a look and he snaked all the drains and said the outdoor pipe had...

Gas Dryer Exhaust Smell in Clothes [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old Sears Elite Gas Dryer, it has developed a smell in our clothes and especially towels, that smells like the exhaust of the dryer. It is really strong when the towels are re-wetted when drying off. The smell will stay on the skin. I have cleaned the lint screen, fan, cabinet,...

Wood Stain/Varnish Smell in Clothes Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

HELP! We have been doing a lot of remodeling in our home and therefore have been doing a lot of stripping and staining of wood floors and wood work. After doing my laundry this weekend I realized that all of my clothes coming out of the dryer have a chemical smell on them. I have washed and dried...

Mildew smell on clothes [ 6 Answers ]

When I take my clothes out of the closet they smell like mildew... how to take the smell out?

Sewer smell when washing clothes and metal smell in water [ 1 Answers ]

We just moved in a Lease to own house and after one month there is now a smell of sewer when washing clothes. The smell in the water has been here since day one and we are in the process of testing the well water. Can anyone help? I think we have a septic tank since we are on well water but the...

View more questions Search