Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    joehesson Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 11:56 AM
    1970's Maytag washer
    My parents have an old maytag that worked fine until very recently... it will not spin, agitate, empty etc... the timer still goes from cycle to cycle, but makes a loud buzzing sound... I was thinking the timer might be shot and would replace it, but am concerned that maybe the motor is done... any thoughts ?
    applsvcgirl Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Nov 10, 2007, 03:32 AM
    I have 2 initial things you need to check before we start condemning any thing. Unplug the washer and remove the 2 inner screws on the top of the control panel and tilt the panel towards you. I am assuming this washer has a single dial in the center of the control panel and your model is like an A107. Remove the 2 wires from the lid switch and bypass it. (if you have 2 switches on a bracket with a fuse this will not work) Start the washer (empty) in a different cycle than is normally used. Let me know what happens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag Washer [ 2 Answers ]

Maytag washer model #LAT8006AAE jumps around as if is out of balance, even on small loads. Any idea as to what causes this? It is level. Thanks

Maytag Washer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Maytag washer, It pumps the water in but it doesn't spin. It was working very well and it just happened today. What can be wrong? Thanks

Maytag Washer [ 4 Answers ]

Model4512 maytag washer top load. How does the lid raise and how do you remove the agitator? Thanks

View more questions Search