Nov 18, 2005, 10:32 PM
    Night mares
    What causes dreams or nightmares?
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 19, 2005, 04:48 AM
    Dreams
    Hi,
    Dreams (and nightmares) are the sub-conscious telling you what you might possibly be thinking about.
    Sometimes, if you think about something all day long, then the next day, you might wake up, remember parts of a dream about it. The sub-conscious lets it out in the form of dreaming.
    Nightmares come from maybe a bad experience, and could be from long ago.
    They normally don't mean anything, and can't predict the future. It's only indicating what you might be thinking about.
    I hope this helps some.

Here is a link:
    http://kidshealth.org/kid/feeling/th...ightmares.html
    I don't know if you are a "kid", but the link explains both dreams and nightmares very well; both for kids and adults.
    drali77 Posts: 127, Reputation: 5

Nov 19, 2005, 04:46 PM
    Hi,thanks for asking about dreams:

Sleep pattern consist of two phases REM sleep(rapid eye movement)
    And nonREM sleep
    While in the middle of the night we goes into the phase from non REM to REM sleep and this is the phase when we see dreams
    You have heard of ECG (electrcardiogram) but we do an EEG (Electro encephalogram) of the patient to know about the pattern of brain waves of the patient
    During day time normal person have a alpha wave but during sleep they changes to the pattern of beta wave
    There are many theories abou it
    Like during sleep brain secrete some hormones like groth hormones putitory gland harmones which give cause dreams + hallucination

Other theory beside medical science for the dreams is that during dreams we leave our body and have a astral projection in the etheric world
    Its totally a different theory and if some one want to know about the astral projection or to induce that ability please ask me and I will give the details in another time

Cheers

drali77

Don't forget to rate this answer by pressing the right corner button
    Thanks
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 21, 2005, 08:04 PM
    Nightmares can be caused by several different things. One thing to mention that even certain foods or even certain medications can actually trigger nightmares.

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

One Bad Night [ 9 Answers ]

:-[ Hello: I am in a dillemma. A few of my friends went out to celebrate a Birthday. We all went bar hopping & such. Everyone was quite intoxicated. However my dillemma is that I ended up taking a ride home (he was working at the bar & sober) from this cute guy I have been flirting with on & off...

She slept through most of the night [ 3 Answers ]

It was like she as reading my mind. I broke down into tears a couple of times yesterday to the thought of "I can't do this anymore" and I was preparing myself to find her a new home. But she slept in her crate for the majority of the night. She woke up at 12, took to potty and back to the crate,...

Day & night creams? [ 1 Answers ]

Have you found any that are really good? I recently tried Avon and it was very smelly once on. Any suggestions?

Dog Wakes Me Up at Night: HELP! [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I adopted a male "shelter" dog last week... a young (less than a year but probably older than six months according to the vetinarian) black lab mix. He's a great dog... affectionate, obedient, and seems to be housetrained. He gets walks and bathroom breaks up to 5 times a day so maybe he...

Dream last night [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! Can anybody help me understand a fairly vivid dream I had last night? I had been reading a book just before going to sleep that talked about leaving your problems to a Higher Power, and suggested doing affirmations to help change ingrained beliefs. So after I turned out the light, I said...

View more questions Search