Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laquita Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 10:46 AM
    Can Vicodin leave my system by Dec. 3?
    I am having a 2 hour operation on Dec 3 with general anesthesia. I hve been taking 7-10 Vicodin a day. If I quit today, will it be out of my system by Dec 2?? I don't want to die on the table. How long does it take to get out of my system. I can not tell the Dr. because my husband is a surgeon in the same hospital, and he would be mortified!!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2007, 10:50 AM
    Laquita, I'm sure someone knowledgeable will be along to answer further, but you already know part of the answer. You have to stop TODAY.

... and at 7-10 per day you probably can't do it without side effects.

Quit today, confess to your spouse and seek professional help with it.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 9, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Laquita, your PM was forwarded to me as the health expert of the board. The particular member you PM'd has little medical background, therefore it was passed it on to me.

For future reference, PMs are not for questions and answers, that is why we have the board. In my absence we have some other wonderful people who could help you. Also, others may learn from your question and the responses you get.

Okay, now to your particular problem.

If you stop taking the vicodin now, meaning TODAY, it will probably be out of your system. However, that is easier said than done when there is an obvious addiction problem such as yours. If you continue to take it, it will be absolutely necessary that you tell the surgeon as it may cause serious complications with the particular anesthesia that is used.

While I understand your concern with your husband being a surgeon, your records are protected records. Anyone who is not directly involved in your care, without your written and express permission is in violation of the HIPAA Act and can be prosecuted should any information be given to your husband.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long does it take for vicodin to be out of your system? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, My name is kellie and I am trying to find out some information about how long it takes for just one or two pills of vicodin stay in your system

How long does Vicodin stay in system [ 5 Answers ]

Please give me an accurate time frame.

How long does vicodin stay in your system? [ 6 Answers ]

How long does it take for vicodin to be out of your system?

How long does vicodin stay in system [ 2 Answers ]

I neeed to know how long vicodin stays in your system

Vicodin, and how long it lasts in your system? [ 2 Answers ]

My brother in law is taking his CDL in a few days. He was purscribed Vicadon for a shoulder injury a few months ago. Latley his shoulder has been bothering him serverly but he doesn't want to take a vicodin for it because he doesn't know how long it stays in your system. If he passes his CDL, he...

View more questions Search