Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kishan7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 10:30 AM
    Do plants get reborn ?
    Hello,
    Are plants sentient beings? I mean, they do grow, they live , they grow old and die.
    So, where do they fall in buddhism??

Thanks
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2007, 03:48 PM
    The short answer is, that plants fall into the concept of the cycle of life, they are born and they live and finally they die-we are all subject to this fact you could also state that the relationship to a buddhist concept of dependent origination, this is where EVERYTHING is dependent on something else, e.g. for a plant to grow you first need a seed, the seed came from a tree that will or has died. So the new plant has depended on the death of another and so on.

They are not sentient beings in the full sense of the word, however they are living things.;)
    ubharedev Posts: 134, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2009, 05:43 AM

Rebirth is not applicable to any living thing.

It's just transformation from one form to another.
    If consider non-living this it just transformation of rock to sand and again sand to rock.

For living thing, it's a life cycle dependencies as explain by Xrayman.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need to plant in direct sun under a window [ 2 Answers ]

What is a good plant to plant in the south west corner of a home under a window

Lavender Plants [ 2 Answers ]

I planted lavender for the first time this year. The plants have grown quickly and have many blooms. Could someone tell me at what stage I pick these blooms to dry for their fragrances. They are in different stages of blooming.

Tomato plants [ 4 Answers ]

My tomato plants are very healtful looking and asbout 2and a half feet high. They appear to have not enough blooms and even less small tomatoes from the blooms. I am in Colorqdo, zone 5 Thanks

Who else plants parsnips? [ 3 Answers ]

I recently dug our parsnips. They are best left to be softened up over the winter with freezing and thawing, and then dug in the spring before they start to grow and turn woody. Tonight we had butternut squash saved in a cool space and black raspberry cobbler with raspberries from the freezer. ...

Plants [ 1 Answers ]

Why have flowering plants been so successful in surviving in a variety of habitats?

View more questions Search