Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jolienoire Posts: 917, Reputation: 166

Nov 9, 2007, 09:37 AM
    Men Expressing themselves about breakups
    I have been a member on this site for a month, at first I was expecting to see a lot of heart broken females, telling stories of there terrible breakups, and how they would be coping. But I am intrigued that I found the complete opposite. Men expressing themselves and sharing there pain and advice on the matter..

I am not being sterotypical by making this post as I know everyone has feelings, I am just so amazed that men are expressing themselves and helping us women understand and that men do hurt equally. I have been through a painful divorce and now a breakup and I was feeling that how can people be so cruel to people they love. But in actuality it's not being cruel at all its saving us, it's allowing us to learn, its making us stronger..

I have posted a few post and have gotten some great advice from everyone, but I am really interested in what men feel and think. Especially because I am a emotional mess after a breakup that I didn't see coming... I have been getting better day by day.I was even feeling at one point men are so cruel, they just breakup and move on with their lives. But found the complete opposite..

The men I have talked to on here are darlings... And have helped me in my healing process!! Thanks
    chris08 Posts: 122, Reputation: 7

Nov 9, 2007, 09:48 AM
    To be truthful, I thought I'd be embaressing myself when I came on here and told everyone my story, like getting laughed at or something or just being told 'oh well get over it.' But it hasn't been like that. I was also relieved to read about so many guys like myself going through the same thing. So yeah you can say us guys can be equally emotional, if not more?? Than girls.

Nov 9, 2007, 09:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chris08
    To be truthful, I thought i'd be embaressing myself when i came on here and told everyone my story, like getting laughed at or something or just being told 'oh well get over it.' But it hasnt been like that. I was also relieved to read about so many guys like myself going through the same thing. So yeah you can say us guys can be equally emotional, if not more??? Than girls.

Yea it makes me feel better to know that, To be honest I was even blaming myself for my breakups.. Thinking why can't I just stay in a relationship, but it wasn't me after all.. My ex husband was a cheater, and my ex-boyfriend let's his parents make his decision..
    chris08 Posts: 122, Reputation: 7

Nov 9, 2007, 09:59 AM
    I've had the same thing, I can never seem to stay in a relationship, I thought I was in a solid relationship with my ex but everything messes up once something new comes into their lives (i.e with me it was her going to uni)

I was a bit wary with this site too because I'm only 21 and everyone seems to be older than me so I was thinking if they understand what I'm going through or not.

Nov 9, 2007, 10:03 AM
    I know I am not 21 I rather not say my age, lol but I felt really silly at first but Then I don't feel so bad after all, It has been theraphy for me without paying for a therapist, lol
    Willowlight Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2012, 10:24 PM
    I just broke up with someone I love very much. We were engaged. I was gentle, expressed my pain at the realization that we just weren't meant for each other, was sorrowful and caring about his feelings. He didn't say much of anything. He has vacillated between acting like nothing is wrong and pissy. Now I think he is already back out there. We had been together for over 2 years. I has added her to his FB page. I think this is cruel. I am still crying my off at the why's and why not's and he is moving on. Is this cruel or insensitive? I expect him to move on but this fast and flaunting it in a forum I am on. I don't understand this hurtfulness during break ups. I am always so considerate of others feelings and respectful that it is like a punch in the gut when guys are like this. Is this cruelty or a difference in the way men and women think and I am just clueless?
    Willowlight Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2012, 10:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Willowlight View Post
    I just broke up with someone I love very much. We were engaged. I was gentle, expressed my pain at the realization that we just weren't meant for each other, was sorrowful and caring about his feelings. He didn't say much of anything. He has vacillated between acting like nothing is wrong and pissy. It has been 1 week, literally. his stuff is still here in our house. Now I think he is already back out there. We had been together for over 2 years. He added her to his FB page. I think this is cruel. I am still crying my butt off at the why's and why not's and he is moving on. Is this cruel or insensitive? I expect him to move on but this fast and flaunting it in a forum I am on. I dont understand this hurtfulness during break ups. I am always so considerate of others feelings and respectful that it is like a punch in the gut when guys are like this. Is this cruelty or a difference in the way men and women think and I am just clueless?
    1week, hasn't even moved out yet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Breakups, Games, No Contact [ 14 Answers ]

This is a rant. I will not assess it as anything short of a total and complete rant. Don't like what I have to say? Stop here. Breakups: I hear a lot of people trying to excuse their breakup from everyone else's breakup because somehow theirs is different. Here's the deal with breakups....

Books to read to improve the Self, Relationships, ease Breakups, and so forth. [ 4 Answers ]

I noticed that in some threads, people would occasionally mention books that they had been reading about relationships (whether it was with someone, or the relationship you build with yourself). I’m talking about books that really help. I thought it would be a good idea for people to list the...

Breakups suck! [ 4 Answers ]

So on Monday the love of my life broke up with me over the phone (how lame! ) He said he did it over the phone because he didn't want me to beg to take him back and that I wouldn't leave his house until he did (which is true) Hes already been liking this other girl for a few weeks and I did know...

Percentrage of truthful breakups [ 9 Answers ]

How many of you have been truthful as to how and why you broke up with someoone?

Why do men always have to do the asking? [ 12 Answers ]

How often do women ask guys out on dates? Seems like guys always have to ask/make the move and do the follow ups... lol. Not complaining... just wondering.

View more questions Search