Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sefiori Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 08:18 AM
    Restraining orders
    Is it possible for me to place a restaining order against my parents?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2007, 08:20 AM
    If you can reasonably demonstrate that they pose a threat to you then yes. If you are a minor then you'd have to get social services or whatever agency in your state handles those sorts of things to do it on your behalf.

Nov 9, 2007, 08:25 AM
    What if it is just as simple as harassing and posing death threats to me about others and threating me?
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2007, 09:06 AM
    That should do it. That certainly isn't "simple."
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2007, 09:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sefiori
    What if it is just as simple as harrassing and posing death threats to me about others and threating me?

If you can prove it, yes. If you can't prove it the Court will often issue JOINT restraining orders by agreement if the other party consents. Solves the problem without proof.

Nov 9, 2007, 09:20 AM
    If I have people who have witnessed the harassments and threats could that be considered proof?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2007, 09:24 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sefiori
    If I have people who have witnessed the harassments and threats could that be considered proof?

Definitely yes if they are responsible, believable, willing to come to Court -

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bank Account Restraining orders [ 1 Answers ]

What are these and who can obtain them and in what circumstances and do they have to be applied for through the courts.

Restraining Order. [ 1 Answers ]

Okay so I hit a girl who used to be my friend, and Her mom got a restraining order on me. Well now she wants to be friends with me, but I wasn't Sure if I can actually be nice to her and talk to her, And if the restraining order was just for harassing her, Or if I can't talk to her at all.

Restraining orders [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me the steps on how to try to remove a restraining order (I am respondent) and also how difficult it is to win? Here's just a quick summary: My boyfriend and I have been together almost 2 years. Last Oct. he relapsed and some harsh words were said between the 2 of us. He...

Restraining order [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone get a restraining order based on a threat?

Restraining orders & a crazy mother [ 2 Answers ]

I'm going to try to make this easy to read & understand. I don't know what to do, what my rights are. Here is my story. *met a single dad in April. His ex-girlfriend, mother of his kids, abandoned their children with him PLUS her 5 year old son from another man *i offered my help and have been...

View more questions Search