Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tedlow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 02:08 AM
    Cheating wife? Text messages will reveal all
    My wife and I have been going through a rocky patch for several months now. She has stated displaying some unusual behavior (going out a lot more, occasionally staying out for the night). When her mobile phone bill came in last month I had a shock to find it was £300. I rang some of the numbers on the bill, most were her friends but one number was answered by a guy who claimed to be an old school friend. They had got in touch recently and had been texting each other. When I confronted my wife about it she denied any illicit goings on and said that she and this guy were just old friends who had been texting.

Is there anyway I can find out from the mobile company a transcript of the messages my wife has been sending? I appreciate there are privacy laws in place but my wife's mobile is registered to my company.
    curlybenswife Posts: 2,477, Reputation: 267
    Ultra Member

Nov 9, 2007, 02:33 AM
    Im guessing your english from the use of £ rather than $, I will say hunn if the phones actually in your name and not your wife's then you can ask but I doubt very much they will give that kind of information to a normal citizen its usually only used in severe cases like dealings with the police.
    As I say no harm in asking but I wouldn't hold your breath as I fear you will be peeing in the wind so to speak.
    cjonline Posts: 217, Reputation: 19

Nov 9, 2007, 11:21 AM
    I have heard of someone trying to get copies of internet activity and e-mails in the course of a divorce, I don't think it ever went past the judge, but they tried it. Maybe you can talk to a attorney about it, I have to agree with the post above I don't think you will get anything.

If the phone is in your name you could always shut it off, however that will only make her get on that you know nothing about.

You either trust your wife or you don't. If you don't then file for divorce.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2007, 10:02 AM
    If she hasn't been disappearing, saying she is going somewhere and that isn't where she had been and so forth I wouldn't worry about it for now. Confronting only makes a cheater sneakier. So just keep watching her behavior until you have more concrete evidence.
    She could be telling you the truth. If she actually IS seeing the guy and it isn't innocent
    Quit paying her phone bill... for starters.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Why not just take the mobile phone away from her?
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

Nov 10, 2007, 10:14 AM
    Or turn it off?
    jax in the box Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Nov 10, 2007, 12:01 PM
    The truth always comes out! I believe you can go in to her phone and bring up the sent text messages that were sent... if she is deleting them that would make me wonder!
    jkwach Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2007, 04:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tedlow
    my wife and I have been going through a rocky patch for several months now. she has stated displaying some unusual behavior (going out alot more, occasionally staying out for the night). When her mobile phone bill came in last month I had a shock to find it was £300. i rang some of the numbers on the bill, most were her friends but one number was answered by a guy who claimed to be an old school friend. they had got in touch recently and had been texting each other. when I confronted my wife about it she denied any illicit goings on and said that she and this guy were just old friends who had been texting.

is there anyway I can find out from the mobile company a transcript of the messages my wife has been sending? i appreciate there are privacy laws in place but my wifes mobile is registered to my company.
    Hi. I am sorry for that situation. My take is that if you smell smoke there is bound to be fire around. I may not have a solution but I have one question and one advice. What would you do if you find out that the truth is what you feared? It sounds like the stormy relationship is approaching the final stages in that it has been rocky and you are now dealing with major trust issues. Please note that trust issues are the toughest to undo. If you check the text and find out that there really is nothing, the damage on her side would have been made and is irreversible. If she did nothing illicit then she may now have reason to and she will simply avoid using your company phone. I advice that you try to find ways of dealing with these issues together. This may be counseling or getting some reading materials to act on together. I hope that makes some sense.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Wife lies about text messaging ex-boyfriend [ 15 Answers ]

My wife of over a year and a half continues to lie about her communication with an ex-boyfriend. It started while we were dating or perhaps it never ended... he was who she dated up to a month or more, as I understood, before we began dating. She says it ended on good terms and that she ended it...

Unwanted phone calls and text messages [ 4 Answers ]

My friend has been getting calls and text messages from a certain cell phone number. He has tried every means possiable including the local police department, to find out who this is. What he has found out is that it is a TracPhone (pre-paid). That's it. Is there anyone out there that can tell...

How Easy/Hard is it to Obtain Text Messages [ 2 Answers ]

My provider says that all deleted text messages are gone. If I want records or my previous text how can I access or obtain them? Do I have to take a legal route? If so is this hard or expensive?

Text Messages In Divorce? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know if there is a way to use text messages as a type of document or form of proof? :confused:

Changing default font for body text of received messages. [ 3 Answers ]

My turn to ask a question. :) I'm trying to help a user that wants to change (increase) the font of the text of the messages he receives. We have an Outlook 2000/Exchange 2003 setup here. I know how to change the formating of the message headers but the email body text remains at what the...

View more questions Search