Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    epkermitt2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 10:20 PM
    What rats move very large pieces of bait?
    Has anyone heard of rats under ahouse moving large chunks of bait through a heating duct to the bottom of a heating register? When the duct guys cleaned our house today because. Of rat problem they found a large pile of uneaten bait in the register. It was put down a eek ago to catch rats under our home. These were large pieces- stock piled! Help
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Nov 8, 2007, 11:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by epkermitt2
    Has anyone heard of rats under ahouse moving large chunks of bait through a heating duct to the bottom of a heating register? When the duct guys cleaned our house today bec. of rat problem they found a large pile of uneaten bait in the register. It was put down a eek ago to catch rats under our home. These were large pieces- stock piled! Help
    I have rats as pets, and you'd be amazed at what they can carry and do. They are very smart creatures. You'd have to be more specific as to what color coat, how big they are, etc. to make them identifiable.
    tommytman Posts: 153, Reputation: 2

Nov 13, 2007, 07:54 PM
    Yes, pests will move the bait. Use bait stations. The rats can move the poison to areas where non target animals may be poisoned... cats etc. You can look up bait stations at Pest Control Products and Supplies as well as advice on how to get rid of pests.
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 05:44 PM
    Could it also be a coon or an oppossum?
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Feb 25, 2008, 06:30 PM
    The best trap if you have kids, or pets, are glue traps. They simply trap the rat until it either starves, or you discover it and kill it. The downside is that you hae to check the traps daily, and remove deceased rats as quickly as possible, or the smell is horrible. I personally think that this is the best kind, however, because if the rat takes the bait to, say the inside of a wall, then you have trapped dead rat for about a month. I'd go with glue traps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Rats in vent in slab [ 4 Answers ]

My supply vents are in the slab. Rats have gotten in somehow and we made the mistake of putting out poison. We now have stinking dead rats in the vents. Is there some way to find the dead rats and where they got in? If not, it appears that I will have to abandon those vents, go to an upflow...

Rats under home [ 3 Answers ]

Hi all and hopefully someone will be able to help me out here. A little while ago I came to the conclusion that there was something living under my mini home (above the insulation). I replaced a lot of insulation and thought that whatever it was was gone and maybe had been for awhile due to...

Chinchilla Rats [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know more about chinchilla rats. Where can you find them? I think I may have seen one in Omak Washington. Please get back to me, Thanks.

Mall Rats Actors [ 1 Answers ]

What is the name of the bald actor that plays the dad who runs the Game Show? The one that gets "stink palmed" and then gets sick? Again sorry so vague. Just have a bet that this actor is not the same actor as the guy from Top Gun. I think they are different, can someone please confirm?

View more questions Search