Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lostdad Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 07:02 PM
    visitation rights
    My ex is suing me for more child support and attempting to modify my visitation rights;my daughter does not want to see at all. What will happen when we go to court... will they get their way?
    K_2 Posts: 92, Reputation: 5

Nov 8, 2007, 07:21 PM
    On the child support... that is hard to say... many factors dependent upon that. However, child support and visitation are separate. So the courts could increase the child support and decrease the visitation. However, most courts don't like decreasing visitation unless the child is in harm.

On the visitation, how old is the child? Why doesn't she want to see you? The court could possibly order you both to attend counseling to work on the problems.

It's hard to say what will happen in court... every judge is different and each state has it's own rules.
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2007, 09:01 PM
    Child support is based on a simple formula from the mother and fathers income. Plain as that... not a big deal there.

The visitation is another story. It will be hard for the mother to modify a current visitation order if you have been following the current one, and you are not a danger to the child.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Visitation Rights [ 4 Answers ]

As a father... I need to know what are my Visitation Rights in Texas with my Son during the Thanksgiving and Christmas Holidays. Can somebody please help?

Visitation Rights [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I live in Florida and would like to know if my 14 year old daughter can make a decision as to when she spends time with me. She says she wants to be with her friends and that she doesn't want to come to my house so much. My wife and I moved to Naples 3years ago and they still live in Miami....

Visitation rights [ 2 Answers ]

When I filed for visitation I stayed in the same county as my child. Then the mother of my child decided to move an hour away from the county I have my visitation in. Can that be considered interfering with my visitation because she moved so far and is refusing to met me in order for me to pick...

Visitation Rights [ 3 Answers ]

Do aunts and uncles have visitation rights?

Visitation rights [ 3 Answers ]

Has anyone heard of a new law about visitation rights for the noncustodial parent? Thanks,Roxpate

View more questions Search