Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    patslv1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 04:14 PM
    Lease dates - terms
    If a supossed lease is written to be in effect from 2-1-07 to 1-30-07 by error, is it a valid contract or void on its face?
    LILL Posts: 212, Reputation: 15

Nov 8, 2007, 05:19 PM
    Lease would still be valid. Just an obvious typo that would hold up in any court.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 8, 2007, 05:50 PM
    Most courts would hold it is valid, with merely a minor date issue, and they would normally uphold that it was the intent to be for 2008

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wrong dates on lease [ 9 Answers ]

Yes I sgned a lease with a private landlord to rent out a townhouse of his. Now I moved on November 1 of 06 it was a year lease so it was suppose to be up oct 31 of 07.well I looked on the lease and it said my lease was over oct 31 of 06. The lease is messed up. Does that error make the lease...

Lease Terms [ 4 Answers ]

Does a year to year lease automatically go to a month to month if it is not specified in the year lease?

Terms of Breaking a Lease [ 6 Answers ]

I need to break my lease in Florida. My lease if for 1 year. In my lease it doesn't specify what is done when a lease is broken. It does say that it follows Florida Statute Chapter 83 section II for everything not covered in the lease. I read through the chapter and it doesn't say what happens when...

Lease terms with new owners [ 5 Answers ]

I'm considering buying a duplex in Iowa that currently has tenants that are both just into year leases... 9 mo left and 11 mo left. I'm looking for a property for my mother and her sister to live. This one would meet their needs, but needs some TLC. 1) Am I correct in understanding that...

Lease terms, Rent and Concesse [ 2 Answers ]

I have rented an apartment and the expiration date of it is on Feb.28th, 2007 and on Jan.23rd, 2007, I received a letter from the lessor saying that my rental is going to increase then on Jan.27th, 2007 I sent my Notice of Vacate, my contract is 6 months basis, Now I am in a hard situation based on...

View more questions Search