Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Pale White Skin Posts: 93, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2005, 03:59 PM
    Where would you buy the Ultra Glow cream? Do they sell it at your local stores? Also, how much does it cost?
    Grungey Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2005, 06:44 PM
    LOL... she/he looks like
    MichaelJackson's long lost sister/brother. It's so hard to tell.. he he he ! :rolleyes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownsugar
    :eek: i heard that monobenzone/benoquin completly depigments the skin meaning it make the skin totally white is that what you want? cause this girl in this picture did that and now look at her .... kinda unnatural dont you think? :rolleyes: but hey if thats just my opinion..

pic 1
    http://excoboard.com/forums/11263/us...869/143890.jpg

pic2

http://excoboard.com/forums/11263/us...869/143889.jpg
    Skinwhite Posts: 77, Reputation: 6

Dec 3, 2005, 07:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale White Skin
    Where would you buy the Ultra Glow cream? Do they sell it at your local stores? Also, how much does it cost?
    Yeah I'd like to know also where you buy this Ultra Glow cream, I've never heard of it.
    I do know that if you want to lighten DON'T use Jergens Natural Glow because it has DHA, and that makes you produce more melanin... which makes u tan.
    Brownsugar Posts: 36, Reputation: 1

Dec 3, 2005, 07:56 PM
    To Minahsky
    All I know is that I've never thought of using monobenzone/benoquin on my own skin just cause for me it's a bit extreme but if your skin MinahSky is how you say it is then got for it. I believe eveyone should feel comfortable with their skin, even if that means using monobenzone/benoquin. :)
    Amina Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2005, 04:46 PM
    Yikes!! I am saying NO to monobenzone/benoquin. I want to be lighter not whiter... I still want to be brown.
    brownskinnedbeauty123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Dec 5, 2005, 09:44 PM
    Ultra Glow does not work. Trust me, I am around Nia Long's complexion, and all it did was make my skin very thin, and red looking. Yes, I am African American.

Back in the day, a lot of those over the counter bleaching creams that are still sold at the local pharmacy used to actually work. My dad grew up during the whole bleaching cream phase, and a lot of blacks were getting light. I'm sure Ultra Glow probably worked in the 60s--but due to a lot of health concerns they reduced, or completed erased the main ingredient that made the product work.

To be truthfully honest, as a black person you are not going to get THAT light. If you find something that truly works, the lightest you're going to get is maybe 1-2 shades, maybe 2.5 during the winter, with a very even complexion. And with that being said, you're still going to be dark/brown. Just a lighter shade of dark/brown. And another thing, most of these creams are not going to be that effective either; I say this because a lot of posters have really high expectations of being completely 'white'. They're also not going to be permanent; do you really think the company is going to make something that's going to cause you not to be at their mercy once you're through with that little jar or tube of whitening cream? Please, they want to continue to get your money for as long as they're in business. That's how it works. Unless you go to a high end dermatologists who wants thousands of dollars.

I'm assuming that a lot of the posters who claim to have gotten 5 and 6 shades lighter, were already very light, or possibly of a mixed race around a Halle Berryish shade. Their skin texture is different, and can easily switch between being tannish brown, and very very light with the right products.

And I have yet to see a Black celebrity who went from dark to light. (Please don't mention Michael Jackson), most of them look like they use very expensive chemical peels, and acne treatments that contain some form of a lightening agent in it. Take Eddie Murphy, yeah he was a bit darker earlier in his career--but now it just looks as though he probably uses a expensive skin care treatment to even out his skin tone--he is still DARK. Chris Rock as well. And let's not forget that both male and female celebrities where theatrical makeup which makes them look lighter. That's why their skin tones vary so much.

Just play around with different skin creams and see which ones work best for you. Hopefully, you'll find something really cheap because you'll really set yourself up for failure if you go around buying some expensive lightening cream that works, and a time will come (trust me it will) when you can't afford it, and BOOM you're dark again.
    whysodark Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2005, 04:33 AM
    Confused
    Am new to this site. But not new to browsing skin lightening product. Am an african with mid brown complexion and what really bugs me is that I have so many different skin tones on my body. My face, inner arms and thighs are light, my neck, back, upperarms and legs are dark. Am looking for a PRODUCT THAT WORKS AND IS SAFE to even out my skin tone and to make me 2,3-4 shades lighter. If there is any dark-skinned individual who has tried a product that really worked, whether pill or cream, please give some advise. And don't tell me to accept myself because I've tried to but it doesn't work. I'll accept myself when I look in the mirror and like myself. But thanks, not all of us are strong.
    brownskinnedbeauty123 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Dec 6, 2005, 06:27 AM
    You could try Vitamin C. I heard that works really well as far as evening out the complexion and making it brighter. Why to some people that's not good enough? Don't know why.

There are a lot of products around here being thrown around, so just do a search and you can try some of them.

But don't expect any of these creams to be drastic; all they do is make you a shade or 2 lighter, with an even complexion. Please just give up on the dream of being 4 shades lighter, its not very realistic at all. And don't spend the rest of your life trying to be something you're not. Trust me, I used to frequent a lot of skin lightening forums, and I'm just now coming back to them, and the same people are STILL in search of the perfect skin lightening cream.
    CHAYOTE23 Posts: 37, Reputation: 0

Dec 6, 2005, 03:46 PM
    Afro-American Skin Tone
    Whysodark, I truly understand your comment about your skin being different because my skin tone is the same and I think its because of the Native American blood because I have a twin sister and she is the complexion of Montel Williams. However, my skin is a dark red complexion and I am not sure, but when I am in the sun my arms never darken, but my arms turn red and if I get a facial my skin turns red. See pic http://briggsandlayproinc.com/wst_page6.html
    whysodark Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2005, 09:31 PM
    Not bad
    2 shades are fine by me brownskinbeauty. Am not really trying to be something am not, because if I was, I would have used so many products by now. Believe it or not, I have never used any lightening product on my skin, I prefer to wait and be sure that whatever I decide to try is both safe and WORKS. What about this Thienna skin products? Anyone heard of them?
    Love your eyes chayo Briggs.
    entity33 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Dec 8, 2005, 08:07 PM
    Brownsugar Please Reply
    All i know is that i've never thought of using monobenzone/benoquin on my own skin just cause for me its a bit extreme but if your skin MinahSky is how you say it is then got for it. i belive eveyone should feel comfortable with their skin, even if that means using monobenzone/benoquin. :)
    Brownsugar, can you please tell me which user those pics you posted belonged to, and what she used to get that way. I know you keep saying monobenzone/benoquin, but I can't find any product on the internet called that. If you know that user, or if you know from personal knowledge, can you please tell me the products she used to become so white. PLEASE REPLY TO THIS. I REALLY WANT TO KNOW, I Didn't THINK ANY PRODUCT COULD HAVE SUCH AN AFFECT UNTIL I SAW THOSE PICS. AND I HAVE BEEN BROWSING DIFFERENT FORUMS FOR OVER A YEAR NOW...

And people, I know she looks bad and all, but I don't care OK... and don't bring up michael jackson, his skin color is caused by a skin condition called vitiligo, and there are medical practitioners who confirmed that.

Anyway Brownsugar, please reply to this.

Dec 9, 2005, 01:21 PM
    Hi entity33
    Hi entity33 in response to your post,all I know is that this girls name is latoya wilson and she posted her picture on the Yahoo bright skin forum for skin lightnening I think she said it took her 3 years to change her whole skin color to the one you saw in that pic .if you click below you can see another picture of a pakistani guy who also completely depigmneted his skin only he says he got his stuff from depig.com , either way look at his pic below !

Before
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...9/0b0c3a2c.jpg

After
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...9/51c9f7c9.jpg

Any way you seem really intrested with the choice of using monobenzone/benoquin I hope these links below also help you with what your looking for.

I can't remember exactly where it was but this is the link for the Yahoo bright skin forum I think this is even the one where latoya herself and this guy talks about what exactly they used on their skin any way if you want you should join the forum and ask them one on one. Here's the link browse around as well there's a lot of good info on skin lightening/ and whitening here.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...atoya%20wilson

Hope this helped!
    entity33 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Dec 9, 2005, 11:09 PM
    Thank-you
    Hi entity33 in response to your post,all i know is that this girls name is latoya wilson and she posted her picture on the yahoo bright skin forum for skin lightnening i think she said it took her 3 years to change her whole skin color to the one you saw in that pic .if you click below you can see another picture of a pakistani guy who also completly depigmneted his skin only he says he got his stuff from depig.com , either way look at his pic below !

Before
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...9/0b0c3a2c.jpg

After
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...9/51c9f7c9.jpg

Any way you seem really intrested with the choice of using monobenzone/benoquin i hope these links below also help you with what your looking for.

I can't remeber exactly where it was but this is the link for the yahoo bright skin forum i think this is even the one where latoya herself and this guy talks about what exactly they used on their skin any way if you want you should join the forum and ask them one on one. heres the link browse around aswell theres alot of good info on skin lightening/ and whitening here.

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...atoya%20wilson

Hope this helped!

Oh yeah this helped all right :) "brownsugar", THANK-YOU. It really looks like this benoquin thing works.

But after researching it, I definitely DONT recommend people use it. And if anyone does decide they want to use it, I advise you read ALL posts from www.monobenzone.com

:eek: It's a very scary thing to go through... and sometimes painful to maintain... plus its permanent. Once you use it, you can't go back, you may end up with white spots all over your body for around 3 yrs until you can finally attain Latoya's whole complexion change. And then you have to maintain it for the rest of your life too (and if you don't, you may develop dark patches all over your body). I would rather stick with my complexion than go through all that.

Sorry if I'm sort of exaggerating, but I just want to make sure people know.
    safina Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2006, 02:19 AM
    Hi! :D

Does anyone that's black use L-glutathione?
    How much a day?

I've calculated the costs and it seems extremely expensive to tack such high dosage every day! Please help me with my questions ;) :D

Jan 21, 2006, 09:58 PM
    For Safina
    Safina, I donot use that product and have never used the product so I am not sure what the cost is.
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Jan 22, 2006, 03:14 AM
    Whitening
    Hi,
    I don't think the pills will work showing miracles of lightening the skin. The photo given in the links posted by Brownsugar seems funny. The photo before is taken in a place where there was much less light than the photo of after use (he is already a fair person). The photo after is more close up with more light which will of course give a clear photo. Now a days you can change the color of any photos with softwares like adobe photoshop. If the person took the photos is really telling the truth he should have shown the photos with the same pixel, the same lighting and close up(before and after).

Jan 22, 2006, 02:36 PM
    Ok! No amount of photo manipulation can make that kind of change in skin tone, no matter what software you use. This guy used monobenzone from depig.com, if you don't believe me go ask him yourself he's a moderator on this forum(http://www.monobenzone.com), and he explain to everyone the process of how he depigmanted his skin with monobenzone.

Monobenzone is a highley potent cream that completely depigments the skin to the point where there is no more melanin in the skin. I don't know if you saw my previouse post mentioning Latoya Wilson ( an african ameriacan girl who's skin is completely white now because she used monobenzone. If you didn't here's her pictures

http://excoboard.com/forums/11263/us...869/143890.jpg

http://excoboard.com/forums/11263/us...869/143889.jpg

No can you honestly say those pictures were a product of some advanced photo software manipulating the color of her skin I think not, she explains on the Bright Skin forum on Yahoo that she used a high concentration of monobenzone, and it took her three years to achieve that result in the end.

Jan 22, 2006, 03:10 PM
    Brown Sugar
    Interesting post, I tried to email you, but the system will not allow me to do so please feel free to eamil me information. However, Brown Sugar this is for you because I feel I need a product for FACIAL Black marks-see MY PICTURE

http://briggsandlayproinc.com/wst_page6.html

:confused:
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Jan 22, 2006, 11:00 PM
    Very Good, here you are suggesting the use of Monobenzone which is used for the treatment of a skin disorder (Vitiligo). Please note that Monobenzone is to be used after consulting a Doctor. Please visit the below site to find out what is Monobenzone, the uses and side effects.
    http://www.medicinenet.com/monobenzo...al/article.htm

More over my daugther is using Adobe Photoshop and I have seen many of her photos with different skin tones. I am sure someone who is an expert in Multimedia will comment on this issue.

Jan 23, 2006, 09:53 AM
    Look SHAVED! I'm not going to start an argument with you cause frankly I don't care what you think. You questioned the pic that I had posted before about the pakiatani guy and I just responded OK so if you still think those pictures were fake then that's up to you, but I think by now most people understand the effects that monobenzone can do to skin, and that's all that I was trying to do in the first place is inform on what I know. I'm not trying to promote monobenzone in fact I would never use monobenzone on myself because I think it's too extreme but for some people it's what they really want to do so in this case I'm neutral, and lets leave it at that!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help. African American With Bad Acne. Help [ 32 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I am a african american female with the worse acne possible. I have no idea what to do about all of this in my face. I have tried just about everything on the market and I am feeling hopeless now. At present, I am using proactiv solutions to try to clear up my face, and that seems not...

African American People [ 88 Answers ]

What are you using to lighten your skin? ... What has worked for you Chemical peels? Creams? Pills? or aLL three?

African American given names [ 8 Answers ]

Not having grown up with African Americans (I'm in northern Canada), I'm curious as to the significance of the unique, interesting names of many African American girls and women. For example, on American Idol, there is Tinnik, Mandisa, and of course Fantasia from 2 years ago. Is this some sort of...

African-american musician [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the name of a blind black musician who recorded probably during the 20s through 30s.The story is he was blinded by his mother possibly with lye,I think he was a blues singer who played a guitar.I tried goggle but I don't have a enough information. Thanks for any information...

African American History after the civil war [ 1 Answers ]

I got a couple of questions... ;D 1. What was presidential reconsturction? What policies concerning Freedmen are most associated with it? 2. What was congressional reconstruction? What are the greatest and/or enduring accomplishments of this era? 3. What were the black codes? 4. What...

View more questions Search