Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tgrdvlagl Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 11:36 AM
    Corrupt files how to get them back.
    Hi,
    Please could someone tell me if it possible to get corrupt files back. I had a major mishap with my laptop. I made the mistake of formating my hard drive before I saved all my photos, spreadsheets and video clips to my flash pen. The reason I formatted the hard drive is because so many people had said they could help me get it on line as I was only getting limited connectivity and they had been in and changed things so I thought if I took it back to the factory settings it would solve the problem. I have run programme called recover my files but most of the files are corrupt please help:confused:
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Nov 9, 2007, 08:52 AM
    Most likey the re-format/factory restore procedure, and use of the drive there-after, over-wrote parts of the data you are trying to "un-erase", making what you have been able to recover incomplete or corrupt.

I don't think there is any way you are going to be able to recover this data.

If you are willing to spend the money, it's possible a data recovery service might be able to recover some of the files intact, but I would have my doubts, and these services are not cheap.
    tgrdvlagl Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 9, 2007, 12:26 PM
    Thank-you for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

NO SOUND, Audio Drivers Missing or Corrupt [ 1 Answers ]

NO SOUND, Audio Drivers Missing or Corrupt All five of the device drivers under my Device Manager "Sound, Video and Game Controllers" category show yellow encased exclamination marks, but I'm only concerned about the audio ones for the moment since I've had no sound for a couple of weeks. ...

Corrupt file (extremely important files) [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, so before slicking my computer and starting from afresh, I zip a massive 9 gigabyte folder into about 6 gigs. These files were things I needed very severely for my resumes, portfolios, class work, exams, projects, pictures videos... four years worth of programming code crapped away; you get...

View more questions Search