Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alias213 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 10:59 AM
    Wedding Gifts- Money vs gifts
    Our grandson is getting married. The brides family is very wealthy while we are of meager income. Is it proper to give a modest gift of money or more proper to give a gift?
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Nov 9, 2007, 02:32 PM
    Her family's wealth (or perceived wealth) shouldn't have a place in what you decide to give. Money is always nice for the couple can use it on the honeymoon, home, etc. Gifts are always fine as well.

It really depends on you and what you can afford. I was just married in June and the fact that my grandfather even came was a HUGE gift and blessing to us. :)
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2007, 02:46 PM
    My former mother-in-law was on a very limited income and when her children married, she sewed each of them a quilt. What you spend is not important so do not let yourself get dismayed at that. When I got married I even put a small note in my invitations that gifts were optional, not necessary, I just wanted to see my relatives there to share my happiness.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gifts of money [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to send out invitations for a church member's two sons who are both graduating this month. She told me that they would like any monetary gifts to be given to the church instead. How do I word this on the invitations?

New apartment gifts [ 2 Answers ]

What is an appropriate gift to give a young couple that has just moved into their first apartment.

Costs of gifts? [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't been to a wedding in a very long time. Now asked to two weddings, and a wedding reception celebrating a Vegas wedding all in Mar. & April. I am a new business owner and low on any fun funds. What kind of prices is the smallest without seeming cheap or insulting? All of these people are...

No gifts at wedding [ 2 Answers ]

How do I nicely write no gifts but money or gift cards because this is both of our second marriage and we have lived together for three years:confused:

Wedding Gifts [ 14 Answers ]

My husband and I have been invited to a wedding. Our nephew is marrying a girl from a very wealthy family. While visiting with a cousin, someone mentioned that it is proper wedding ettiquette to give a wedding gift that matches the price per plate at a wedding reception. The cost per plate at...

View more questions Search