Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cjames Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 09:35 AM
    Liable to pay $1500?
    Im with TD. My purse was stolen, I called in to report it; the man I spoke to on the phone did not tell me any activity had been performed on my account. I made a crazy mistake by writing my pin in my phone book, which was also in the purse.

What are the odds they'd check my phone book??

They said theyd do an investigation on it; they had my funds frozen FOREVER I would estimate More than 2 months. Now they are telling me they rejected the investigation, I am liable to pay the money, They saw on the tapes a girl who they think is me, etc. I haven't had an answer from the Ombudsman yet and I don't think I should have to pay this - Im a victim of fraud here!

Oh I have to add - whoever these people are they put 2 fraud cheques in and took them out like the same day, which I didn't even think was possible :S
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2007, 10:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cjames
    Im with TD. My purse was stolen, I called in to report it; the man i spoke to on the phone did not tell me any activity had been performed on my account. I made a crazy mistake by writing my pin in my phone book, which was also in the purse.

What are the odds they'd check my phone book??!

They said theyd do an investigation on it; they had my funds frozen FOREVER i would estimate More than 2 months. Now they are telling me they rejected the investigation, I am liable to pay the money, They saw on the tapes a girl who they think is me, and etc. I havent had an answer from the Ombudsman yet and i dont think i should have to pay this - Im a victim of fraud here!

Oh i have to add - whoever these peopel are they put 2 fraud cheques in and took them out like the same day, which i didnt even think was possible :S

First, I'd consult with an Attorney. Although this is not a terribly large amount of money I would be more concerned that you reported the card stolen and the bank appears to be saying that was a false statement.

Were the charges made AFTER you reported the card stolen?

The Attorney will get the tape and review it.
    cjames Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2007, 07:43 AM
    Yes, you're right its not that much money so I just paid it. I had a feeling getting a lawyer and attorney and stuff would just end up with me paying a lot more than asked. At least now I learned my lesson!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who's liable? [ 1 Answers ]

Am I liable for my wife's debts if my name is not on her accounts? Sorry this has probably been asked many times

Just how liable are we? [ 2 Answers ]

Back in October, we moved into a home that we thought we would be able to buy by April, but things of course, didn't work out. All we had with the owner was a purchase agreement contingent on the sale of the house in Baltimore and acquisition of adequate funds from the sale for a down payment. ...

Who is liable? [ 3 Answers ]

A week agao I went to a garage for gas & also asked the attendant to check my oil,when I drove away about a half mile ,my hood flew up and smashed my windshield in,after pulling over ,I immediately returned to the garage ,they refuse to pay for the damages to my vehichle saying my hood ;latch must...

Who's liable - if anyone? [ 14 Answers ]

Hello: An obviously mentally handicapped individual pays for a brand new truck with $30,000 in cash. The salesman breaks into the guys home, steals $100,000 in cash, and gets caught (after the money's gone). Is the dealer liable? excon PS> Seattle PI - today.

View more questions Search