Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tracy232 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 04:19 AM
    Greece immigrations
    If anyone knows anything about greece immigrations at all.could you please contact me as soon as possible.

Thanking you
    Tracy
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 8, 2007, 05:39 AM
    What do you want to know? Are you interested in immigrating to Greece or being an immigrant from Greece?

http://www.ksg.harvard.edu/kokkalis/...rina_Linos.pdf
    Human Rights Watch Comments on Greek Immigration Bill (Human Rights Watch, 1-2-2001)
    Italian and Greek Immigration: U.S. Immigration and Migration Almanac

Nov 8, 2007, 07:13 AM
    In immigrating there. And I have little time. My boyfriend is grek and lives there.and I am movign to him. And I don't know how to go about it. I have a south african passport and don't know which way to turn, when igo to greece every month to see him we try figure it out but I need to move and have no idea what my options are or hwo to go about it.or what I can do.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2007, 01:25 PM
    I thought you said you lived in Israel in another post on this board... in any case, since your not married to him you probably have to find employment in Greece if you want to move and live there legally with the right to work.

Contact the Greek embassy and ask for their immigration department's official website, try and stay away from immigration lawyers websites, they will say anything is possible to get you to pay consultation fees.

Nov 9, 2007, 08:03 AM
    I am south african living in israel and moving to my boyfiend in greece :) and need to know any options of how to go about it... I thought of study visas but that is limited time there. Marriag eis an option but as far as I heard that law of wife getting citizenship from grek husband was dropped in 1984... his company could hire me after all.. but its super high taxes on new immigrants and I don't know which way to turn..
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2007, 01:06 PM
    So are you looking for the back door way into Greece without facing too many penalities or taxes or impositions? That is what it sounds like.

Nov 9, 2007, 02:15 PM
    Actually no I am looking to do it 100000% legal..
    And any options as far as the legal way goes I am up for it! The easy way is always conveinient but I don't want to live like that or have the problem.. I have never doen that before and never will.. and I really need to know my options and what can be done! I don't want to hear what can't be done.. I only want to hear positive of what I can do that can help.. so please help :(
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2007, 02:25 PM
    You live in Israel - there is a Greek embassy there - that is who you should contact and ask your questions.

Greek Embassy in Tel Aviv, Israel

Embassy of Greece in Tel Aviv, Israel
    Tower Building
    3 Daniel Frisch St.
    16th floor
    City: Tel Aviv
    Phone: (009723) 6953060 or 609 4981 or 6951088
    Fax: 6951329
    Email: [email protected]

Nov 9, 2007, 02:29 PM
    I have spoken to them.. and I am highly aware of that.. the consulate is not curently theer and id have to wait 3 months to organise with him and I don't particularliy want to wait 3 months. So I am askign advice from anyone who migh be able to help
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2007, 02:52 PM
    Since you are a resident of South Africa, have you tried that embassy? There is a South African embassy in Greece -
    SOUTH AFRICA
    Embassy & Consulate:
    60, Kifissias Avenue,
    151 25 Maroussi,
    Tel 210 6806645,
    Fax 210 6806640

There is a South African embassy in Israel. Have you contacted them, since that is your home country? SOUTH AFRICA EMBASSY IN ISRAEL
    The South African Embassy
    Top Tower
    50 Dizengoff Street
    Dizengoff Centre
    Tel Aviv 64332

Telephone Number:
    Embassy Switchboard (03) 5252566
    Fax Number:
    03-5256481
    Email address
    [email protected]

Nov 9, 2007, 03:18 PM
    Thanks I have already doen that but you need to go through the grek embassy for immigrations,south africa ahs nothing to do with it :) and I have to go trhoguh the country I am a resident in currently.. :S I wouldn't be asking if I didn't have this issue.. I just need option ideas :)
    Uber Member

Nov 9, 2007, 05:00 PM
    That is what I have been trying to give you. Those places would know the legalities. I hope you find your answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trying to locate someone in greece [ 2 Answers ]

Anybody knows how can I find a person in athens greece? I have his parents name and his birth date but I still can't find his address or phone?I tried greek white pages but he is not listed.

The ancient citizenship of greece [ 1 Answers ]

I am doing a pamphlet project on the type of government and citizenship of greece could you give me some information on it please?

Looking for someone who lives in Greece [ 3 Answers ]

If there is anyone one on this board that lives in Greece that can help me I would appreciate it. The person I am looking for is male from Kalamata. Last I heard is that he moved to an Island in Greece. He was part of O.Y.K (Hellenic Navy) in the early 90"s His name is George Drolias Send...

Marriage law in Greece [ 1 Answers ]

ı would like to find out the prosidures of marrige in Greece with greek citizen. ı am a turkish citizen and ı want to find out what ı should do? What documents ı should prepare.

View more questions Search