Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bballgurl95 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 07:51 PM
    Teens on adults
    Okay I go to this for after school and I'm 12. So there are teens sitting down on and I'm sitting down behind them. Then my mother comes to put me up to go home. And the lady that runs the place asks my mom a question. They start talk then my mom has to pay for something. As my mom walks by them one of the girls said that when my mom walks she goes up and down. So like everyone no one likes their mom to be talked about but I did not want to say something because I'm shy. So my question is if they talk about my mom or any body I know what should I say.if someone could write back soon because I go their like everyday that would be good.
    :(
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Nov 7, 2007, 07:55 PM
    Just ignore it.

If you say something you are doing exactly what they want. They are TRYING to get a reaction out of you. If you ignore them then you aren't someone who is fun to make fun of and they will start looking for someone else to pick on.

All they are trying to do is get attention. If you say or do something to get back at them then you are responding EXACTLY the way they want you to.

I know that you want to defend and protect your Mom, and that is very admirable. But be the bigger person and just think about what terrible people they are and that it must be terrible to live a life where they have to make fun of people just to get attention.

They are not worth the energy. I promise.
    ninoo Posts: 20, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2010, 05:38 AM
    Learn to stand up for people u love! No one has the right to talk about your mother and u need to tell them that!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Adults and abuse [ 1 Answers ]

I just want some opinions on this one: I have noticed in reading a lot of these posts that many people claim verbal/mental/emotional abuse exists in their relationships and marriages. Do you think: A) People have always been this bad to one another, we just have a name for it now B) ...

Asperger's Syndrome in Adults [ 3 Answers ]

I am wondering if a person I know is an adult with Asperger's Syndrome. He has some but not all of the listed characteristics--outbursts where he expects the listener to know what he's been thinking, hypersensitivity to sound and smell, self-injurious behavior such as picking his nose and his...

Liability problems for adults injured on trampolines? [ 3 Answers ]

My 19 year old daughter has a tramp at a house she is Renting with other college students. The yard is fenced In so neighborhood kids should not be able to use it. Would it help protect from lawsuits if a sign Explaining the dangers was on the tramp? Would it help if anyone who used it...

Adults won't listen to me [ 6 Answers ]

Question answered, thanks for your help. :)

View more questions Search