Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilroy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 05:26 PM
    Lonliness on the road!
    Hello, this is a first for me but need some input on what to do. I live in California and I work on the railroad. My job takes me across the United States and I am out for 6-8 weeks at a time and home for only one week. I try going out when I am home but I feel that I won't really meet someone who would put up with me being away. This is a great job for me but should I consider taking a day to day job at home in order to find a partner.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2007, 05:30 PM
    Hello, lilroy!

How important for you is it to be in a relationship?
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2007, 05:31 PM
    If you love your job I do not know why you could not find someone who would accept the length the time you are away from home. But it is tough, especially if you want to raise a family. My question is, what else would you want to do? What would make you happy and provide a good income for you? A person can be lonely anywhere and in any position - married or unmarried.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2007, 05:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shygrneyzs
    ....A person can be lonely anywhere and in any position - married or unmarried.
    That is very true!

Also, someone who has a steady job with good income is more likely to attract someone who is desirable as a partner in a relationship.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So sad &afraid, always, painful lonliness, I need to talk [ 4 Answers ]

I am so sad and so afraid all the time, so depressed it hurts. I have a variety of physical problems, they alone would stop most people, but the depression over rides them all. I need to talk, I don't want to be scolded or told to pull myself up by my boot straps. I have been treated for Major...

Feelings of lonliness and worry [ 1 Answers ]

As a teen, I feel like I am liked not loved and I feel like no matter what, I am always in an extra in the group. Somewhere, I know that's not true but I just can't believe it. I feel miserable; how can I open my eyes?

Beliefs, values=lonliness & maybe happiness [ 25 Answers ]

Thi post is completely separate of any of my other post. I've come to the conclusion that I maybe spending the rest of my life without a man. It's not that I need a man, I'd want a man, but only a real man and it seems what I consider a real man doesn't exist at all. I can't seem to accept that...

View more questions Search