Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cheererin123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 12:58 PM
    Is MY house haunted?
    Hello, I just had a quick question about something…

I had a weird experience that happened to me last night in my apartment that got me thinking and I started to possibly believe that maybe my house is haunted. If I can maybe explain some things that has happened to me and if I could get you opinion?

First off, last night I was lying in bed. It was about 5am and I know that I was awake. I had just been woke up by something so I was laying there awake, but still a bit groggy from being woke up. It was dark in the bedroom but could see a bit from the street light barely shining through our blinds. The bathroom door was open, like always, but again was very dark in the bathroom. While laying there I thought I saw a very tall slender figure sort of gliding towards out bed. I put my hand over to the other side of the bed to see if my boyfriend was still laying there with me. I then started to think that it might have been his brother who lives with us, but then thought “why would he be sneaking into our room”. While thinking these thoughts, the figure was getting closer and closer. I finally got to the point where I was about ready to freak out and start screaming! By the time I started to sit up in my bed and wake my boyfriend up, the figure was standing right next to the bed by my boyfriend. It then quickly disappeared once I abruptly moved. I could tell the figure of the “thing” was a human like figure, but I could not make out a face or what type of clothing, if any. Once again, it was very dark but I will swear until the day that I die that I was awake, and not sleeping at all! I know that I was NOT dreaming.

After I got to work this morning I started to think to myself about all the other things that have happened in my apartment in the past 3 years that would make me think it was haunted…

We have heard faint noises before while lying in bed. Everything we have always heard has always come from the bathroom. I don't really know how to explain the noises but I know no one was home or in the area of the bathroom at the time I have heard them.

Another instance, we sold our couch this last Sunday that we have owned for 3 years. Every night since then we have been sitting on the floor in our living room because we have not got a new couch yet. While sitting on the floor every night since Sunday, we have smelt a very disturbing foul smell that I could only explain as a burning type smell. We will smell it for a bit, search around the house to make sure nothing is burning and then after about 30 minutes the smell just goes away.

One more thing... Whenever I am HOME ALONE and in the shower, when I put my face under the water to wash it, I always feel that there is someone by me or watching me. I do not get this feeling anywhere else in the house or ever when anyone else is home. Only when I am in the shower and home alone and when I have my face under the water and can't see around me. I am not paranoid about people seeing me naked, I am a very open person.

My boyfriend has also told me that all through his childhood, he and his family have believed that maybe their family or the places they have lived have been haunted. He and his family have told me many experiences they have had that are disturbing.

I don't know what to think of all this, maybe I am just imagining. What does this sound like to you?
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2007, 01:03 PM
    It is quite possible that your boyfriend since growing up with these experiences are tuned into the spiritual world more then others. By you focusing on this I think that it is opening your mind to experiancing it as well.
    Now this figure that you see, how do you know it was a ghost. Maybe it was an angel? It is left open to discussion. What has your boyfriend said about your experience? By believing in these experiances your actually opening yourself to be more observant of them.
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Nov 7, 2007, 01:36 PM
    I don't know what to tell you about the shadow. That's creepy! One thing though, I always get a little uneasy when I am home alone and have my head under water in the shower or bath. I know my house isn't haunted, so I think it's because I won't be able to hear if someone were to break in when the water is in my ears. I know that sounds silly, but when I was a kid someone broke into our house when I was asleep. So, I tend to be very aware whenever I am home alone. About the burning smell, did you have any ceiling fans running? I have heard that sometimes when people are trying to find out if there is a ghost in their house, they will take pictures of different rooms. Some people claim that the ghost will show up in the photos as a shadow or spot of light. I don't know if that actually works or not.
    Robert Brenner Posts: 53, Reputation: 13

Nov 8, 2007, 11:58 AM
    Peggy! Get some photos to me and I'll see if I get anything! I have cleared Houses, in person before, but I've never tried by photos. Maybe they are your Spirit guides Angels or even lost loved ones? Send me photos of you, boyfriend and front room. Robert
    peggyhill Posts: 907, Reputation: 150

Nov 8, 2007, 01:20 PM
    Well, I haven't ever tried the photo thing. I don't know anyone who has a haunted house. Have you seen stuff in photos before? That's cool. I didn't know if that was something they were making up on TV or not. It's hard to know these days!
    volleyballfroggy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2007, 04:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cheererin123
    Hello, I just had a quick question about something…

I had a weird experience that happened to me last night in my apartment that got me thinking and I started to possibly believe that maybe my house is haunted. If I can maybe explain some things that has happened to me and if I could get you opinion?

First off, last night I was lying in bed. It was about 5am and I know that I was awake. I had just been woke up by something so I was laying there awake, but still a bit groggy from being woke up. It was dark in the bedroom but could see a bit from the street light barely shining through our blinds. The bathroom door was open, like always, but again was very dark in the bathroom. While laying there I thought I saw a very tall slender figure sort of gliding towards out bed. I put my hand over to the other side of the bed to see if my boyfriend was still laying there with me. I then started to think that it might have been his brother who lives with us, but then thought “why would he be sneaking into our room”. While thinking these thoughts, the figure was getting closer and closer. I finally got to the point where I was about ready to freak out and start screaming! By the time I started to sit up in my bed and wake my boyfriend up, the figure was standing right next to the bed by my boyfriend. It then quickly disappeared once I abruptly moved. I could tell the figure of the “thing” was a human like figure, but I could not make out a face or what type of clothing, if any. Once again, it was very dark but I will swear until the day that I die that I was awake, and not sleeping at all! I know that I was NOT dreaming.

After I got to work this morning I started to think to myself about all the other things that have happened in my apartment in the past 3 years that would make me think it was haunted…

We have heard faint noises before while lying in bed. Everything we have always heard has always come from the bathroom. I don't really know how to explain the noises but I know no one was home or in the area of the bathroom at the time I have heard them.

Another instance, we sold our couch this last Sunday that we have owned for 3 years. Every night since then we have been sitting on the floor in our living room because we have not got a new couch yet. While sitting on the floor every night since Sunday, we have smelt a very disturbing foul smell that I could only explain as a burning type smell. We will smell it for a bit, search around the house to make sure nothing is burning and then after about 30 minutes the smell just goes away.

One more thing... Whenever I am HOME ALONE and in the shower, when I put my face under the water to wash it, I always feel that there is someone by me or watching me. I do not get this feeling anywhere else in the house or ever when anyone else is home. Only when I am in the shower and home alone and when I have my face under the water and can't see around me. I am not paranoid about people seeing me naked, I am a very open person.

My boyfriend has also told me that all through his childhood, he and his family have believed that maybe their family or the places they have lived have been haunted. He and his family have told me many experiences they have had that are disturbing.

I don't know what to think of all this, maybe I am just imagining. What does this sound like to you?
    Well I have been having almost the same things happening to me but I have actually seen these ghosts several times and have heard voices as well as laughing. I don't think that you were dreaming. I truly do think that your house is haunted.

Raychel
    godiva Posts: 47, Reputation: 4

Nov 11, 2007, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by peggyhill
    Well, I haven't ever tried the photo thing. I don't know anyone who has a haunted house. Have you seen stuff in photos before? That's cool. I didn't know if that was something they were making up on TV or not. It's hard to know these days!
    My sister has a picture she took in a cathedral in Israel where you can very clearly see a figure stepping out from one of the stained glass windows. It' s not a fluke! And it isn't a reflection either. She's stepping down out of the window! It's quite amazing.
    haze Posts: 89, Reputation: 0

Sep 19, 2010, 04:01 PM
    When I was living with my parents the house was haunted, we to also experienced the unexplainable smell its horrible, this would happen at certain times of day and when certain visitors showed up, our cat would also go crazy in a certain room of the house and TV would keep going to non signal. My parents got a ko matua (maori culture) to bless the house.
    Good luck hope you figure this all out.
    leebeef Posts: 30, Reputation: 3

Sep 21, 2010, 07:52 PM

HI there
    All the signs are there that you have a spirit in yout home. The newest thing I have encountered as well as my friends in this business is that spirits are able to anchor balls of stink. They are the foulest smelling stink you can imagine. Although you will never find where they are coming from. Also they will go away like you mentioned. I also suspect you have dreams of some one chasing you or holding you under water or you can't get your breath. These are also caused by spirits.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not sure if my house is haunted [ 5 Answers ]

There have been a lot of strange occurrences in the house I am living in. My husband and I live there with another couple and their 2yr old son. The first thing that happened is one day the other girl in the house was cooking lunch and she heard glass raddling and looked into the living room and...

Is my house haunted? [ 4 Answers ]

ohkk... so i moved into this house w/ my family about three years ago. i've been reading up about haunted houses and i saw that a lot of the stuff they say on those sites (and on this site) is happening to me. some of my stuff has gone missing. my dog barks at nothing.. increasingly often.( and its...

Haunted house [ 6 Answers ]

Please Someone Help Us. My Son And Family Have Something In Their Home. The Air Con. Goes On By Itself, The Ceiling Fans Go On Also But Backwards. The Clothes Dryes Also Goes On By Itself And At Night They Hear A Small Child's Footsteps And Giggling. Their Kids Are Scared And So Are We. Is There...

Is my house haunted? Tell me [ 2 Answers ]

Every time I am alone I feel like there is someone watching me and sometimes feel cold brezze go by me when the heat is on.I sometimes hear voices, my grandma and uncle died.I sometimes see white things moving in the night when all the lights are off, I think my cat senes because her eyes get real...

Is my house haunted? [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, I Have A Question Concerning My House, Because For A While I've Been Questioning Myself Of Whether My House Is Haunted... the Experiences I Have Heard From My Sister And Friendz Have Been About Seeing This Apparation Of This Ghost. This Is When It All Started, My Sister Apparently Was "seeing"...

View more questions Search