Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Nov 7, 2007, 02:02 AM
    Admiral side by side refrigerator trouble
    Help!! My refrigerator seems to be broken. At least the fan is. The freezer side was making some weird noises, like ice on the blades, and water was leaking out of the ice maker and freezing in the front of the door. Now the freezer seems to be OK, but the fridge fan isn't blowing. I checked for ice, dust, and blocked vents, but no luck. The fridge is only three years old. Too soon for this kind of problems, I am thinking. Is Admiral a re-badge of another company? How much would a repair of a fridge fan run? Is there something I am missing?

Thanks in advance

"I'm so much cooler online"
    Brad Paisley
    applsvcgirl Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Nov 7, 2007, 06:10 AM
    Admiral is a Maytag product. Could you supply me the model number so I can determine which system we are working with?

Nov 8, 2007, 01:52 AM
    Hi there! Sorry I'm late, but I have that pesky work thing I got to do. (I hate the job, but I am addicted to my paycheck). The model number is (LSD2615HEW) It is a 26 cu ft side by side with an icemaker/water dispenser. It is cooling, because the bottom of the unit is cold, but the fan is not running at all.
    I don't think I can fix it myself. I am going to have to call a repair person. Unless it is something really easy to fix.

Thanks for your help!

"I'm so much cooler online."
    Brad Paisley
    applsvcgirl Posts: 112, Reputation: 9

Nov 8, 2007, 06:47 AM
    If you can run a screw driver or 1/4" nut driver you can fix this! Unplug the refrigerator. Remove the baskets and shelves. Unscrew the lower back wall. Unscrew the 2 screws holding the fan motor up. Disconnect the 3 wires to the motor. Pull the blade off the shaft. Unscrew the 2 screws holding the bracket. Remove the old motor put in the new one. Reverse the process to reassemble. You can do this repair for the cost of the part about $40. For a technician (like myself) to do the repair will run between $120-180 depending on who you call.

Nov 8, 2007, 11:19 PM
    Thanks for helping! I will try this (At least see if I can get it apart,) on my next day off. Monday. Since I live in a pretty big city, finding the fan and motor shouldn't be that difficult. Thanks again!

Mar 21, 2009, 03:12 PM

It's a miracle!!
    I never got the fan fixed. I was afraid to do it myself, and did not have the money to call a repairman.
    I lived with it for several months.
    One night, about a week ago, The Freezer side started to make that noise again, and then stopped working. I tried to move the refrigerator out to look for a reset switch, but couldn't due to a bad elbow which makes it painful to use it for anything heavy. I did move it a little bit.
    Later that night, I went to go get a glass of water, and both sides had stopped.
    I thought I was in trouble.
    I tried desperately again to get to the back of the unit, moving it forward some more, but again the elbow stopped me. I had to push the fridge back, because it was out of place and I gave up and went back to bed to get a good night's rest before I had to wake up and clean the whole thing out to throw away.
    The next morning, both sides were working!
    Everything wasn't ice cold, so I imagine that it started working recently.
    Now it has been a week, and so far both sides are working, and today, the ice maker started to spit out hollow ice cubes. Something it hasn't done since the freezer stopped.
    I guess I have a short or something, but I know one thing. I am not moving that fridge for anything! It can stay right where it is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag wide by side refrigerator [ 2 Answers ]

Model number mzd2752GRW. The switch that turns on the ice/water dispenser stopped working. I replaced it. The water dispenser now works. The ice dispenser drops the ice cubes, but the door they should fall through doesn't open. What controls it?

Matag refrigerator does not cool on the fridge side [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Maytag side by side refrigerator MZD2766GE. The freezer works but the fridge does not. What are the possible problems.

Kenmore Side by Side: no ice & red blinking light? [ 4 Answers ]

Help, My Kenmore side by side model # 106.565624 has stopped making ice and a red light next to its on/off switch is blinking. I have replaced the pur water filter and reset the water filtration and flushed the lines. I have also turned off then on the ice maker switch. No change - still...

Maytag side by side fridge freezer-- occasional ice up, defroster buzzes [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, all -- - Our Maytag SIDE BY SIDE ( MSD2356AEB) occasionally builds up ice on the coil in the freezer. I turn the unit off, remove the rear panels, defrost with a hair dryer, then reassemble after the half hour or so it takes to "hairdry" it. I restart, and the unit works beautifully. ...

Kenmore Elite not cooling refrigerator side or side by side [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Kenmore Elite Model 53609202 side-by-side. The freezer is working fine, the air flow into the freezer is working, the fan is on. There is another fan in the bottom rear that is also on. There is nothing in the refrigerator to block the vents. There is a little frost on the rear panel...

View more questions Search