Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    meolungin Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 10:00 PM
    Travel careers
    I've always wanted to travel, what careers are there out there that will let me do so other than working for the airlines
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 7, 2007, 10:17 AM
    Working on cruise ships is always a good bet.
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Nov 7, 2007, 05:28 PM
    This link might be helpful in your search:

Jobs in Food, Hospitality, Tourism, and Travel

Vasily
    meolungin Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2007, 11:25 PM
    Has anyone ever heard of itmi, I would so love to do something like that
    vingogly Posts: 718, Reputation: 105

Nov 9, 2007, 06:15 AM
    ITMI appears to be 100% legitimate, since there are many references to them in articles at reputable sites. They help their graduates with career placement. Their training costs about 3000USD. Here's a link to their website:

http://www.itmitourtraining.com/

An article at JobMonkey says tour guides/directors start at 15-18USD per hour, and experienced tour guides make 20-25USD per hour with time and a half for overtime. The earning can be even higher if you work for a major company. Is the 3000USD worth it? I'd say so, if it gets you the career you love.

Is the cost ot the ITMI course too much right now? Cherie Anderson offers a six-week course called "Get Paid To Travel" for 120USD that covers the basics; you can read about it and enroll here:

ed2go online courses

This course can either be taken online through the above site, or through an accredited college or university if there's one offering it in your area (there's a form for locating a school near you at the site).

Vasily
    sandy2007 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2008, 06:10 PM
    Which of the following destinations would experience the greatest difference in temperatures between summer and winter months?
    zodilib Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 22, 2008, 10:48 PM

I think India.
    mulattomama Posts: 36, Reputation: 7

May 19, 2009, 10:52 AM
    Becoming a group travel director or tour director is a good way to go to interesting places and stay at nice hotels. You basically are fully responsible for the group and dealing with the various suppliers to make sure everything goes smoothly. I work for an incentive group travel company and we have 1 travel director for every 50 people on a trip usually. Then there's also a lead person who is more like the supervisor.
    mickey11 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2009, 10:18 AM
    :cool:
    Quote Originally Posted by vingogly View Post
    ITMI appears to be 100% legitimate, since there are many references to them in articles at reputable sites. They help their graduates with career placement. Their training costs about 3000USD. Heres a link to their website:

Tour Guides | Travel Training | Travel Director

An article at JobMonkey says tour guides/directors start out at 15-18USD per hour, and experienced tour guides make 20-25USD per hour with time and a half for overtime. The earning can be even higher if you work for a major company. Is the 3000USD worth it? I'd say so, if it gets you the career you love.

Is the cost ot the ITMI course too much right now? Cherie Anderson offers a six-week course called "Get Paid To Travel" for 120USD that covers the basics; you can read about it and enroll here:

ed2go online courses

This course can either be taken online through the above site, or through an accredited college or university if there's one offering it in your area (there's a form for locating a school near you at the site).

Vasily
    kinshu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2010, 12:18 AM

Timeless Trips can help you plan your trip

Your travel opportunities abound... no matter where in the World you want to go.and Timeless Trips can help you plan your trip.Whether you're searching for a Indian holiday,Caribbean cruise, an escape to Europe, a Holiday getaway for the entire family,or simply a trip leaving soon, we can help you find just the vacation you're looking for.Give us a call or email us; let's get started!(ominfo10)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New careers? [ 2 Answers ]

I am having a hard time making a career choice. The one I have doesn't make enough for me and my children to survive on. I am ready to go back to school or do whatever it takes to get a better job but can't spend my whole life taking classes that I will never benefit from. Please help me make my...

Other careers [ 1 Answers ]

Im currently working at a bank, but Im not a sales person and a lot of my goals deal with sales. I like working at the bank and helping peoples, I just don't like the sales part. What should I do?

My careers [ 2 Answers ]

My careers is: Going to america america is a nice place aspecialy going to hollywood if any one reads this you can send me a question:) :cool: ;) :D :rolleyes: :cool:

Best careers? [ 2 Answers ]

?I am in a situation where I am noe a single mother. I am in the education field as a teachers aide and of course the money isn't enough to survive on. I am willing to go back to college but I can't spend years there. What about vocational schools? I also don't want to waste my time taking a bunch...

View more questions Search