Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jose85356 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 08:21 PM
    My girlfriend of 4 years just told me we needed to take a break!
    My girlfriend and I have been going out for 4 years. We have lived together for 2 years and recently bought a house together. Last week she told me we needed to take a break because things have changed in our relatioship. I am confused because she told me she loves me and wants to be with me, but she doesn't know if we should be together. She wants to find out in her heart if we are truly meant to be together. She also said that she wants to be with me, but doesn't know if she wants to be in this relationship as much as I do. I have been staying at a friends house for the time being giving her the space she ask for. What should I do? Should I just wait? Or should I be preparing for a permanent break-up? I am just so confused about the mixed messages she is giving me.
    ashleynbrett88 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 08:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jose85356
    My girlfriend and I have been going out for 4 years. We have lived together for 2 years and recently bought a house together. Last week she told me we needed to take a break because things have changed in our relatioship. I am confused because she told me she loves me and wants to be with me, but she doesn't know if we should be together. She wants to find out in her heart if we are truly meant to be together. She also said that she wants to be with me, but doesn't know if she wants to be in this relationship as much as I do. I have been staying at a friends house for the time being giving her the space she ask for. What should I do? Should I just wait? Or should I be preparing for a permanent break-up? I am just so confused about the mixed messages she is giving me.
    I think she is cheating, and if she isn't then obviouslly she's not to serious about the relationship so might as well wait it out for a bit longer and if it seems to be going nowhere then you be the one to break it off.
    jasmine_rezzag Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Nov 7, 2007, 01:51 AM
    I do not know what your girl means, but as a girl,if I determine to buy a house or doing something like that with my man,it means I would like to be with him forever!if not,why doing something to make relationship more complicated! Boyfriend and boyfriend bought a house together means a lot,but maybe I am just too traditional! Or maybe you should have a talk with your girl,there must be something happened to her! Try to talk with her and try to find out good solution! Everything should be OK!
    Soldout Posts: 62, Reputation: 8
    -

Nov 8, 2007, 09:29 AM
    Jose,

This girl does not sound serious. I read on another post that she also Cheated on you. She doesn't should like a keeper to me. If she is telling you she wants a break that is just another way of saying she is not that into you anymore because when you truly love someone you want to be with them all the time. I am a girl and I know that women in general don't like to be single so sometimes woman have a guy on the back burner in case things don't work out. So I am guessing she is seeing someone else and she is not completely breaking it off with you because she wants to make sure things work out with this new guy so she is keeping you on the back burner. When a someone tells you they want a break be prepared for it to be permanent because 9 times out of ten that means they are seeing someone else or have an intent to. So the best thing I would suggest to you is to leave her alone. If you can help it Don't call and don't let her call you. If she does, just tell her not to call you until she knows what she wants because after all she is the one who needed a break. Don't allow her to treat you that way. Move on with your life and if she decides to come back great if not it was not meant to be.. you will meet someone new.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Nov 8, 2007, 09:44 AM
    When some one says lets take a break, break is the operative word. It's a break up. She initiated it. My advice, get on with your life. Tell her when you purchase a house with someone, that is a commitment. You don't take breaks from them. You stay and work things out, or you leave.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my girlfriend of 7 years want a break? [ 36 Answers ]

Hello everybody! I hope you can assist me on my dilema! I have been with my girlfriend for seven years, we met when she was 16 and have been together since then, after high school she attended university for 4 years and gained her degree last year. She started Job hunting in January and found a...

My girlfriend of 3 years put me on a break, so depressed can I win her back now [ 8 Answers ]

Well 3 months ago my girlfriend of 3 years said she needed to take a break our rlationship was fine no arguments but she said she needed to grow she was 22. She said she loved me but didn't know if it was the love you should feel for someone to be with them forever. I kept going around to see...

My girlfriend of 3 years wants a break. Don't know what to do. So upset. [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, Ive been with my girlfriend for 3 years now, we have a great relationship and we have no arguments, I never worry about a lot but lately I may ahave been asking a few many wquestions about where the relationship was going. Problem is I am 5 years older than she is. She has just turned 22 and...

Still in love with family friend's relative who never told me he had a girlfriend [ 1 Answers ]

I have no idea what to do. I am miserbly in love with a loser. All I do is think about him. About three years ago I met this guy that was my father's best friend's nephew and there was something about him right away. I am not the kind of person that become attracted to just anyone especially...

View more questions Search