Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jdbmag Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Statute of Limitations on Pension Claim- Divorce
    I am currently a resident and was a resident of BC 11 years ago when we divorced.
    At the time, we had been married 13 years. I tried to settle her claim on my company pension plan at the time but she refused. Her Lawyer did, however, place a claim on my pension through my employer. On several occasions I have asked her to settle with me but to no avail. I am told there would be a formula (Rutherford formula) which determines her share when I eventually receive a pension.
    My questions are...
    Is there a limitation on the time she can hold claim to my pension?. and,
    Where would I look to gain information on the Rutherford formula prior to engaging a Lawyer?
    Thanks!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 6, 2007, 05:04 PM
    Jdmag, I googled the rutherford formula but there is so much to be read. Please Google this and see what you can find within all this information. There was no specific website I could pinpoint, that is why I suggest you do it this way.
    jmeadows Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 29, 2012, 02:26 PM
    I got divorce in 2007 and I did not settle for his pension. Can I reverse that action and try to get his pension after 5 yrs. I was depressed and on medication.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of Limitations [ 1 Answers ]

In Nov. 2003 I was fired from my job of 5+ years for making a few judgment calls that came back to haunt me. I worked in a Walgreens and was a unofficial manager of the photo area. By unofficial I mean I filled in when the manager was gone did orders, made decisions, and kept the place going...

Pension/Divorce Settlement [ 1 Answers ]

Who do I contact about USPS retiree's obligations & necessary bank info?

Statute of Limitations? [ 10 Answers ]

In the Summer of 1972 I worked as a waitress at one of the local cafes. There were 10 employees who worked there during that time. All was well until the beginning of November when we did not receive a paycheck. The owner said he had some rough spots but we would be paid. He said that in...

Statute of Limitations [ 1 Answers ]

What is the statute of limitations on debt in Ontario, Canada? After 17 years, I have a lawyer looking for payment on the probating of my father's will and transfer of his real estate to my name. He forgot to bill for it back then. I forgot about it myself until I went to sell my house and found...

View more questions Search