Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SonicBlueL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2005, 08:11 PM
    CD Burn Help
    I have been having a problem burning CD's using napster, I have used it before and it worked fine I don't know what has changed. I start the burn and I get a error message: An error has occurred while burning. A possible cause for this could be incompatiable media or too high a burning speed.Please try another disc or use the file options menu to lower the burn speed. I tried changing the speed and I'm still getting the same error. Also I have used these disc's without any problem before so I don't think it is the disc. Any help would be great. I have very little knowledge about pc's. Thanks
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Nov 17, 2005, 02:48 AM
    Have you installed anything recently that could have changed some of the CD settings?

I would recommend trying System Restore if you have it. This doesn't mean wiping your PC or losing any data. It simply takes your systems settings back to a point in the past. It might solve the problem. Here's what to do (Win XP instructions):

• Click on Start >> Programs >> Accessories >> System Tools >> System Restore
    • Select "Restore my computer to an earlier time" then press next.
    • Select a restore date before these problems these problems occured (e.g. a week back) and press next.
    • For the rest of the screens just read what it says and press next.
    • Once your PC does it's thing and restarts, try burning a CD again.

Let us know how you get on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eye burn [ 3 Answers ]

My husband was wielding and in the middle of the night, he said that his eye was burning bad. Any home remedies? Donna

How can I burn this.. [ 1 Answers ]

I have a file in my hard disk and its an intaller Adobe CS about 1.04 GB... my problem is I want to save it into disk, I don't have a DVD writter so I have to separate the file using 700 MB CDs but I don't know what files should be in the 1st cd and what files in the 2nd one for the installer to...

Can I burn it... [ 7 Answers ]

Hi my Q is can I download a Playstation Games and burn it to disk and play it with my playstation... :confused:

Can't burn cds but DVDS burn fine [ 7 Answers ]

:rolleyes: Hi there I have looked through the relevant forum pages and couldn't find the answer so here goes.I have a Sony DVD RW DW -D22A (cd rom drive)if I want to burn any DVD fine no problems but a different matter for cdrs.If I put a blank cdr into the drive and then try to burn all that...

Can I burn music to a dvd? [ 10 Answers ]

I was just wondering if I could burn music (and if so, how much?) to a dvd. I have Nero Express 6, and I want to burn a 3 gig music folder, but CD-Rs only hold 70mins or 700mb, which isn't enough. Any help would be very much appreciated! :D

View more questions Search