Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dealingwithacrazyloon Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Nov 6, 2007, 03:12 PM
    Child support/custody/father's rights
    Ha... spoken like two women scorned by men who don't love them.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 03:29 PM
    I know mothers that even return clothing and things the dad buys for the child and spends the money on themselves. You have no say in how she spends the money. You need to get a court order visitation. Even in another state they will make a plan of some sort, like she get her during school months and you get her for summer vacation. You can try and prove she is an unfit mother.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Your husband is not paying for his ex-wife's "habits" for the next 18 years - he is feeding and clothing his child. Unfortunately he cannot control how child support is spent - unless he is saying the mother is unfit because she is using the mohey for drugs and, if so, advise Family Court. He has paid $10,000 in 6 years? That's $138 a month.

You refer to following your Attorney's advice - what does he/she say about all of this? Probably advising you to go to Court and get support and custody written down and enforced and establish paternity - ?
    macksmom Posts: 1,787, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2007, 04:39 PM
    Well first I am concerned as to why your attorney is telling your husband to deny paternity? How do you think that will look to a judge?. a man deny being the father then all of the sudden wants custody?

Also, as others have said, you have no say how child support is spent... bottomline it all equals out... for example, mom gets child support check and goes and buy cigarettes... well then she has to use her own money for the child, or the mother could get the child support check and use it on the child and use her own money for smokes... see? It all balances out eventually.

As far as custody... you are going to have to prove that she is unfit as a mother, and you are able to raise the child better... in most cases this is very hard to prove. You have a good chance of getting joint custody, but again, it's going to be hard... the child is 6... that means she is in school, so with you living so far away you obviously can't have 50/50 visitation during the school week.

None of us can tell you what a judge will say... but I would question your attorney, it really just doesn't make sense why they would tell your husband to deny the child then seek full custody.
    Ultra Member

Nov 12, 2007, 01:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dealingwithacrazyloon
    ha...spoken like two women scorned by men who don't love them.
    And this is exactly why your questions are getting deleted... for your rude comments to people YOU are asking for advice. :p
    DrBretson Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 09:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by macksmom
    And this is exactly why your questions are getting deleted...for your rude comments to people YOU are asking for advice. :p
    Get a job and help support the child you equally brought into this world and stop expecting someone else to pay for more than their share unless you are willing to give EQUAL custody to them... unless of course somebody held a gun to your head and forced you to have sex.
    Ultra Member

Nov 13, 2007, 10:06 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBretson
    Get a job and help support the child you equally brought into this world and stop expecting someone else to pay for more than their share unless you are willing to give EQUAL custody to them...unless of course somebody held a gun to your head and forced you to have sex.
    So hmmmm... you made a new account because you were getting off to a bad start? OR could this be the fiance/husband... whatever, of the woman who was originally posting for you... and now you made your own account to ask your own questions instead of having her do it for you?

Turning your issues around on me had no merit whatsoever... for the questions you (or she) have asked I never attacked you... I have given you advice (actually advice in the fathers favor on one post)... so I have no clue why you vomit such evil... when its YOU that are here asking for advice.

I don't believe I asked for yours.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 13, 2007, 12:20 PM
    This thread is going nowhere and there appears to be some changing texts and confusion. So I'm closing it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Give up rights to a child--still pay child support? [ 11 Answers ]

I live in Florida and have a question about giving up the rights to a child that has been determined by DNA testing. If rights are given up, does that parent still have to pay child support?

Do you still have to pay child support if you give up your rights to a child? [ 15 Answers ]

My boyfriend found out he had a child last summer. The child was already six months old when he was told it was his. My boyfriend had a one night stand with this woman. He didn't and still doesn't even know her. One day she just saw him driving and called out to him, raising the child into the...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child Support/Custody [ 2 Answers ]

Hi , I'm from Nova Scotia . Canada and looking for some answers to questions if anyone has any for me , it would be muchly apperciated... Ok here goes , approx 5 yrs ago I started living with a man that has 2 children from a previous relationship , they went to court to settle on child support...

Child support/custody [ 7 Answers ]

I have full custody of my daughter which is stipulated in my divorce and now she went to live with her dad at 18 because she did not like my house rules can he legally take me for child support? And can the courts have me pay back order from the time she left till present? We are in NYC.

View more questions Search