Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dw@conval Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2003, 01:33 PM
    Fence Repair
    Hi

I have a wood fence with 4x4 posts.Some are leaning.Is there an easy way to straighten them out without removing them? Soil is normal--light clay and earth

Thanks!
    sierra1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Nov 1, 2003, 09:16 PM
    Fence Repair
    Hello,

Well if your 4x4's or taking a lean, this may be a sighn of rot, thus time to replace them (I know not very fun) However if there is no problem and they are just taking a lean, well you can dig down, straighten them out with your trusty level, then drop some quick creat in there to keep them straight till the cement dries. Good luck and hope this helps
    [email protected] Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2006, 12:32 PM
    Sierra1 is most likely right, you probably have rot. Here is a possible alternative. If this look is not offensive it will work.
    Go down to Home Depot (or equivalent) and pick up the galvanized poles for chain link. They carry them in the wood fencing produce area as well. Buy the top caps, they give a nice finished look. They sell all the brackets for mounting to wood now. Dig out the hole on the one side, drop the pole in to the desired depth, prop the fence level, drop in a bag of quick-crete and let it dry. It will be stronger than the original and will out last you! It may not be the desired look you would like, but you will not have to replace another pole.
    Hope that helps.
    heatherg10 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2011, 07:57 AM
    Push the posts slightly beyond level and then place a wedge in. This should help straighten the posts on your wood privacy fence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The fence [ 58 Answers ]

Should the United States build a fence along our southern border with Mexico?

Fence Repair [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a wood fence with 4x4 posts.Some are leaning.Is there an easy way to straighten them out without removing them? Soil is normal--light clay and earth Thanks!

Installing wooden fence [ 8 Answers ]

I want to hire someone to install a new wooden fence. Like to pay him for the job but curious as to how many hours would it require one person to put in 120 feet of fencing. Includes 15 posts and required 2X4's and 6 inch boards. Posts to be installed with concrete. Two gates. Rough estimate is...

Wood fence [ 1 Answers ]

I want to build a fence 8 ft tall and I am requested by the city engineered wind load calculations for 90 miles per hour, sustained for 3 seconds. How do I calculate this? Thanks for any help

Leaning Block Fence [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for advice on how to straighten a leaning block fence. The problem looks something like this (sorry for the poor graphic): ----------| | -----------| | Fence leaning to left, away from yard -----------| | ------------| | ------------| | -------------| | -------------| ...

View more questions Search