Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Maxteej Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2005, 05:15 PM
    Pressure Drop HELP!
    Yesterday, the temperature dropped into the teens in Denver. No hose was connected, yet the valve outside blew after I flushed the toilet at 5am! It sounded like a freight train driving through my basement! We did get a small amount of water in the basement that flooded down the unfinished wall from the point of exit from the house.

Initially I expected the low pressure in the taps and the toilet, but it seemed to readjust.

Now, the shower is but a trickle in the upstairs master bath if the toilet is flushed, filling the bath is agonising, without any other fixtures on, and you get no water upstairs at all in any other faucets when you turn on the bath fixtures.

I need to know if I should get a plumber in to check for an airleak causing this drop, a slow leak I have yet to detect, or maybe a main is burst underground somewhere? Do I need to get this fixed 'yesterday' or can I wait till my husband gets back from a business trip?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 17, 2005, 11:38 AM
    Are you on a pump or city water? It sounds like you may have a leak in a pipe that robs volume from your system. But beforeI can instruct you on how to check for this problem I have to know what water systen you have. Let me know. Regards, Tom
    Maxteej Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 1, 2005, 08:57 AM
    Fixed
    My husband tinkered with the lines, and all is well. Thanks again! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Voltage Drop [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 20 amp breaker;there are a total of 7 receptacles on this circuit with a 15 amp GFI on the first receptacle. The first 5 receptacles in line work fine, the last two receptacles which are approximately 70 feet from the 5th receptacle flip the 15 amp GFI off when plugging in a drill. I...

9-8 drop? [ 1 Answers ]

Please let me know if there is something called a 9 8 drop in plumbing .it has something to do with the drainage system in kitchens and bathrooms.

Voltage drop [ 2 Answers ]

How far can you run an electrical cord, that is plugged into a 20 amp circuit, and still run a circular saw? If the saw starts slowly, will that harm the saw?

Icemaker won't drop ice [ 2 Answers ]

We have a 3yr old SBS GE Artica Profile. The icemaker in it stopped dropping ice. When we pulled out the drawer, there was an ice mound stopping the lever arm. We defrosted the ice mound with a hair dryer. It has had time to cool down, and it has ice in the plate, but it will not drop to the...

Drop down [ 2 Answers ]

I know I have done this before, And I can't remember how I did it. I would like to eliminate the search history, from the search field when I start to type something it gives a drop down of previous searches. I do not want it to do this- how can I change it?

View more questions Search