Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Veronnica Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 16, 2005, 03:22 PM
    2003 Civic Speedometer Problem
    I have a 2003 Honda Civic DX, 39K miles, 5 speed.
    Driven easy its whole life by a girl.
    Speedometer got stuck randomly while driving one day, and would fluctuate up and down on its own...then when I'd be stopped, it would read 30mph as zero.
    Took into dealership and they recalibrated the speedometer for $45.
    Twelve days later the same thing happens, only this time it's at 60MPH when I'm stopped, including when the car is turned off.
    Called dealership, they tell me to bring car back in to have it calibrated again.
    If it didnt work the first time...why would it work this time?
    Help!
    Does anyone have experience with this?
    UnSolon Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2006, 01:02 AM
    Similar Problem
    Hey,

I'm having a similar problem with my 93 Civic SI.

My speedometer does not work properly until the engine is warmed up, and it does that jumpy thing, jumps from 20, to 60, back to 30, etc... bounces all over the place.

Plus my whole dashboard doesent stay lit up when I have my lights on...

I have been following wiring, wiggling connections, cleaning parts, still no luck identifing the culprit, so anyone with any clues is desired.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

'93 Civic Dashboard lights / Speedometer issue [ 14 Answers ]

Greetings all, so here's the problem. I have a 1993, Honda Civic SI, Canadian Built. I bought it 2nd hand last year. It has an ongoing problem with the Dashboard lights and speedometer. - Dashboard lights - sometimes works, sometimes doesn't. Will be driving along, and all the guages...

Speedometer/odometer problem [ 9 Answers ]

I took my car in for new tires and a new battery. When I got it back, I discovered that neither the odometer nor speedometer were working. I raised this with the shop and they claim that nothing that they did could possibly have impacted the speedometer function. I find it rather too...

Speedometer problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 1982 chev impala station wagon pretty plain, 305 v8 and 3 speed auto with lockup. I am having an ongoing problem with its speedometer. Originally the problem was a really jerky needle. It would go up the gauge fine until I would hit say 70km, as soon as I let off the gas the needle...

Speedometer problem [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1990 Jeep wagoneer Limited and I recently had the speedometer fixed now the needle jumps and is always 10-20 mph off and there is a clicking noise does anyone know what the problem is and how to fix it

Speedometer Problem [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have 94 Nissan Altima. I noticed that in the morning (when car is cold), when I start my car speedometer shows speed of 40 mph and odometer also moves up as if I am driving at 40 mph. Ideal speed is low (1000 rpm). I don't see this problem when car is warm. Any idea what could be the...

View more questions Search