Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Masiella Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 08:16 AM
    Back Flow Preventer
    I am considering installing a backflow preventer to eliminate sewer water that backs up in the basement. Do you know if this device is installed inside the basement or outside the wall? Also do you have the name of a good company who could do the installation? I would greatly appreciate a response. Thank you.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 6, 2007, 08:45 AM
    It depends on how the sewer enters the house as to where a back flow preventer's locater. If you sewer is above grade in the basement then it goes inside. If the sewer enters on a slab or under the basement floor it's easier to dig down and install it on the sewer outside the house. Sorry! We don't recommend contractors. Get three estimates. Good luck, Tom
    Masiella Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 11:01 AM
    Speedball thank you for your quick response. You are very knowledgeable. You are a pro. Thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Difference between cash flow and fund flow statements? [ 6 Answers ]

Difference between cash flow and fund flow statements?:)

Washing machine back flow. [ 1 Answers ]

I had a maytag washing mashine before, and I replaced by a Roper vertical. I can see a back flush I guess, when the washing mashin is in use. The washing machine is in the far right side of the house and we can not use the toilet on that side of the house. Do you think the septic tank is full or...

Washer back flow [ 1 Answers ]

Our washer is overflowing from the drain pipe into the basement, what could this be? The toilets, shower or sinks do don't back up. Only the washer after 3-4 loads?

Steam Furnace Dripping from Backflow Preventer [ 1 Answers ]

Hey all - I have a pretty new furnace (about 3yo.) and just recently had to replace the thermocouple. While the heating guy was over, he let me know that I should be flushing the system weekly to drain off the sludge. He then drained the system of about 2 buckets of filthy water, and refilled...

Ball missing in sewer drain to prevent back flow [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any way to replace the missing ball in my basement floor drain without completely removing the existing pipe and concrete floor? The drain has backed up a few times but nothing major; a partial clog has been removed. I would like to replace the ball before anything serious happens. ...

View more questions Search