Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    toolman52 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 07:29 AM
    Carrier weather maker 8000
    Model # 58TUA06008 has had the main board replaced but it keeps shuting off and then will restart after four hours or if I shut the power off and turn it back on. Is this an issue with the heat sensors or something else. I known the main board has been recalled is there any other issues. Thanks G
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 6, 2007, 05:20 PM
    No other known issues that I am aware of.

Nov 7, 2007, 04:04 PM
    hvac1000, I needed an idea what to check it keeps shuting off. Thanks G
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Nov 7, 2007, 07:18 PM
    It could be a failuer of any one of the components in the furnace. It is not a cut and dry situation. If you had not told me you already replaced the board I would have told you the board is probably defective.

You might try to eliminate the thermostat buy jumping it out temporary just to see what it does. If it still cuts off then you might check the limit controls to see if that is causing the unit to cut out.The only other thing it could be is the board to the best of my knowledge.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2007, 07:26 PM
    If the furnace failles to light 3 times back to back it will lock out for three hours and then automatically reset. It should show a code of 34 or 14 on the control board if this is happening. Flame failure can be from dirty burner, grounded flame sensor,dirty flame sensor, low gas pressure and the list goes on. The control board will give you a code to let you know if its flame failure or a limit is opening up.

Nov 7, 2007, 07:33 PM
    Thank You both all try as you told me to and get back to you thanks G

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier Weather Maker 8000 flame sensor [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Carrier weather maker 8000 and have received error 34. I would like to find the flame sensor so that I may clean it but don't know what it looks like. I have surfed the site and am unable to find it. Can anybody help with this. Thank you in advance, TripleT

Carrier Weather Maker 8000 Model 58ZAV [ 4 Answers ]

How can I get the LED codes for the Carrier 58ZAV? I don't have the manual. The unit won't run and is flashing a 2-4 code.

Carrier weather maker 8000 [ 6 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum and would like your help. I have a Carrier Weather Maker 8000 and I am having problems with it. Its keeps shutting off before it reaches the desired temperature . I made a couple of clips that I hoped would explain the problem better. The Start:...

Carrier weather maker 8000 [ 1 Answers ]

What's the cost of a Carrier weather maker 8000 ignitor and how can I purchase it? Thank You

Weather maker 8000 R-W [ 1 Answers ]

We have a weather maker 8000. And we have gotten a code 12 from the L.E.D light. The code means R-W closed. My question is what is the R-W and where is it located on the Weather Maker 8000?:confused:

View more questions Search