Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    layal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 6, 2007, 12:50 AM
    Arch and water
    Hii,

Does anyone have information on architecture and water elements? How they help make a space more spiritual and peacful?
    Any information on why it was used so much in islamic architecture?
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Nov 6, 2007, 01:16 AM
    The Concept Of Decoration in Islamic architecture
    Try this link.
    And this one...
    MuslimHeritage.com - Features

Islam forbids depictions of animals or animate objects,hence geometric shaped are mostly used to decorate mosques and homes.
    The water element must have been because muslims have a ritual washing which is done right before the prayer and reading the Quran.Also possibly because Islamic art evolved in a hot Arabian desert, the water inside a mosque would keep the place cool.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 01:50 AM
    Would not a Japanese Zen garden be something that might be something to be looked into also here? Elements of water as depicted by arches in the formation of substances such as sand are a part of the architecture.

Japanese rock garden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Welsh arch [ 7 Answers ]

Hi can anyone tell me how to build a welsh arch, my brother has to find out for his construction homework and I can't find nothing on the internet about it.

Tiling around an arch? [ 2 Answers ]

The wall between our kitchen and living room has a 34" wide x 28" high opening with an arch at the top. I would like to tile both the wall around the opening as well as the inside of the opening. How do I finish off where the tile edges come together around the arch? I can use bull nose tile on the...

Interior arch project [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to construct an arched entry into my dining area. Currently, there is a 70” wide x 4.5” deep x 8’ high opening between two walls; ceiling is 8’ high. I think it needs a 1’ head wall at the top of the arch. Any suggestions on how to construct a frame, arch, and cover it with drywall...

Ceramic Tile on Overhead Arch [ 1 Answers ]

I plan to tile a small overhead Arch in my Foyer (3'x5'). I was planning to use small 1x1 mosiac tiles. 1). How is the best way to secure a backing to the arch? (I thought wonder board with scoring every 1" on the back and bend it then screw it to the frame)? 2). Do you think a wire mesh...

Arch Fault Breakers [ 3 Answers ]

I installed AFCI breakers in a 100 amp panel. When the lights are turn on the breaker shut down the circuit. Everything is wired properly! Is there a special way to install AFCI breakers? Help Parcom

View more questions Search