Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    honjude Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 11:43 PM
    Selling contract to purchase
    I have an opportunity to buy a condo below market value. Rather than "eat up" potential profits in mortgage closing costs, I'm wondering if I can sell the contract to purchase or sell to someone in a way that will not require paying closing costs to buy and then closing costs to resell it. Any ideas? If so, any tips about doing it well?

Apparently my question wasn't worded well because the first 2 answers were relatively irrelevant. Let's try again. I understand what mortgage closing costs are.

I'm wondering if it is possible to sell the contract so that I never close, but someone else who bought the contract from me does. I haven't yet entered the contract, so I could write in something about the right to sell the contract. Or, I've heard some about simultaneous closings and could use some good guidance... does this type of closing require my financing the property?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 6, 2007, 03:58 AM
    Never go into a real estate deal without following all proper procedures. It is a recipe for disaster.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 6, 2007, 07:36 AM
    Closing costs are imposed mostly by the mortgage lender. Some other closing costs involve Title search and insurance fees, recording fees and taxes on the sale of the property.

If you do not pay these fees, you will be in trouble.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Nov 6, 2007, 01:47 PM
    Honjube, you have misconceptions of our forum. You have been given advice by ScottGem, who is a very good advisor.

I get the impression that you want to circumvent the system to get what you want out of this realestate deal.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 6, 2007, 07:05 PM
    May I call your attention to the guidelines for using the comments feature found here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/feedba...ure-24951.html
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 07:43 PM
    Hello hon:

If I understand your question correctly, yes, it is possible to have a simultaneous closing - yours and your buyers.

I don't know if you can sell your purchase contract, but you can certainly enter into a new purchase and sales agreement, with the closing at the same place and at the same time as yours.

You had better be pretty quick on your feet, though.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rental/Purchase contract! [ 6 Answers ]

I live in Ohio, and am in a rental/purchase contract for a home. The contract specifies that I get a loan for purchase after 12 months. At 8%or less. I cannot get a loan under 11% due to my credit issues, which I outlined to the landlord at the time I first met him. I put down a very large down...

Getting out of a land purchase contract [ 1 Answers ]

We recently signed a contract to purchase a substantial amount of acreage for a specific purpose. We were not educated in this process, and trusted the sellers' and realtors' verbal word as well as tax record on the amount of acreage we would be purchasing. The contract was signed prior to the...

Lease to purchase contract [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! Trying to see if anyone might be able to help me with my problem, okay I sold my property to and investor group, I was in the process of losing the property which is a three flat, my loan was paid off in full, The term of the lease is that the buyer is now my Landlord and I'm the tenant,...

Can I get out of my contract for new home purchase? [ 2 Answers ]

We signed a contract with a builder for a new home with no contigencies. Then, 2 weeks later, our house we were selling didn't close. Now we're stuck with a contract to purchase, which the close date has past, no money to put down, and if we do even find a way to close, TWO mortgages. How can we...

Selling an item after purchase. [ 6 Answers ]

I purchased a wedding ring on a same as cash plan, almost paid the ring off and got divorced, all the interest from the purchased kicked in. After the divorce bills started pilling up so I sold the ring to help out and used some of the funds to pay on the ring as well, I continued paying the debt...

View more questions Search