Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Meehan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 03:12 PM
    Movie or TV show
    I saw a show or movie on HBO where a girl was put into a painting by an evil witch and was never seen again - anyone know what this is?
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2007, 03:29 PM
    Not sure this is the one, but it could be the 1990 movie The Witches, based on the Roald Dahl novel.

A note from Wikipedia: "In the book, the little girl that was turned into part of a large oil painting – a farmyard scene featuring a flock of ducks – owned by her parents was eating a large red apple, given to her on her way home from school by a mysterious woman, which got her into the painting. In the movie, it's unknown what the witch did to get her inside the painting; all that is shown on-screen is the girl taking a short cut home through an alleyway adjacent to the witch's house, and the witch suddenly emerging from hiding in an open doorway, grabbing the girl, and dragging her through the doorway and out of sight. The girl is called Solveg in the book, but for the movie is renamed Erica. In both the book and the movie, the girl constantly changes her position in the painting with no-one ever seeing it happen (despite always being only a motionless oil-painted figure), as well as growing older within the painting; eventually, many years after becoming trapped inside the painting, the girl – now a frail old woman – disappears from it altogether (presumably she died). "

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

90's Movie/Show? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm pretty sure it had to have been a show because it was short but I had it on VHS and can't recall watching it on TV... but anyway all I can remember is there were some kind of animals in it, and in the opening I remember it was a shot of a field and there was an apple tree and all trhe animals...

Possible Nickelodeon or Disney Tv show or movie [ 2 Answers ]

I remember this show from the early to mid 90's where this world is low tech sort of but there are people that have suits that can create electric balls as a weapon, I remember is looked kind of asian. If anyone can help please let me know, I think it was a nickelodeon or disney show or mini series.

This might be a movie or a TV show [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to remember the name of a sci-fi show (it may have been a movie) in which they were trying to recolonize earth. They had discovered a drug that gave people eternal youth but it reacted badly with some DNA and created these monsters. The crew trying to recolonized also had to be branded...

Old show or movie? [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know the name of a show/ movie from like possibly the 90s. It was about a group of kids that get on a spaceship and they were like stuck on it?

View more questions Search