Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Nov 16, 2005, 03:52 AM
    Problems with Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans
    The Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan information has been moved here.
    police158 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2007, 03:12 PM
    How do you find the model number on a Hampton Bay Fan. And I have a Fan with a light that operates only with a remote. Can not get the remote to work with either the fan or the light. Went to Home Depot for a remote, but all they have is one for the light and the fan, but I need one that has a reverse for the fan.

Any help please.
    Kim BB Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2007, 02:50 PM
    Buy one on Ebay. They have them. You might get it cheaper too. I need to find the model number of my Hampton Bay fan for repair purposes and don't know how to either.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2007, 09:27 PM
    Usually speaking the model number is useless anyway. The model name is more helpful here. The company sometimes can recognise one, the other, or neither.

How old is your fan?
    DeniseRandy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 16, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Hi, we recently had a home built. We have 5 of your ceiling fans. 3 of them have broken light globes. The model # is 46800 and we believe they are defective. What is the warranty on this product and how do we use the warranty to have them replaced? Please let me know. Thank you, Denise Slocum
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 16, 2008, 06:33 PM
    You can try returning them to Home Depot, you can also try contacting the manufacturer using the phone numbers from this link:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/electr...tml#post220358
    andrewsch123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2010, 08:23 AM
    Hi, I suggest:

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans Closeout ceiling fans
    jasonlight Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 29, 2013, 01:10 AM
    The model number is useless. You need the actual name of the ceiling fan. For example Hampton Bay Model Ac552 may actually be a Hampton Bay Redington III > I spent ages trying to find a manual. If anyone needs a manual check here Hampton Bay Ceiling Fan Manuals
    You will notice the list of current manuals for mostly named ceiling fans although there are a few models.
    wgw100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 13, 2013, 09:26 AM
    Not all Hampton Bay remotes are equal. HD uses at least 3 manufacturers for their exclusively owned Hampton Bay name. All use different protocols.

I have a lost remote problem. The model number was found on a label on top of the light base. Remove it to see the label, it will be hidden under the dust layer : )
    However, the receiver number is what you need. I learned on mine there were three frequencies used on my fan. It requires looking inside the receiver to ID the right remote. It appears to be the PC board and version number, and perhaps a frequency number that was on it.

HD online has a remote that works on 16 frequencies. If all else fails, I will try it. Also, I found 2 websites that sell fan parts. Eceilingfans.com and ceilingfanparts.com. Hope this help someone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans [ 4 Answers ]

Just bought a new Hampton Bay ceiling fan and it was installed by the contractor doing other work in our house. When the four (4) lights are on in the fan, after some time (one hr or so) the lights go off by themselves... also, if the fan is off, after a while it goes on by itself. The light is...

Hampton Bay ceiling fans [ 1 Answers ]

We are installing two Hampton Bay ceiling fans on a cathedral ceiling in a two story great room. For efficiency purposes, do the fans need to be mounted on poles, or can they be installed tight to the ceiling?

Hampton Bay ceiling fans [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan purchased from Home Depot. The fan has a globe lamp just above the four light bulb outlets below the fan blades. My question is what is the best way to change the small light bulbs that have burned out inside the globe lamp? Do I have to take the whole fan down or...

Hampton bay ceiling fans [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know how critical it is to ground a ceiling fan? Is it OK to two wire it from a swag chain? Or will this electrocute someone?

Hampton Bay Ceiling Fans [ 1 Answers ]

I have installed two Hampton Bay 60" Industrial Ceiling Fans (Model # 158 987) on the same electrical circuit. Unfortunately, I had installed the circuit before I purchased the fans. I now find that the 4 speed fan switch is not strong enough to properly operate both fans. They spin on the two...

View more questions Search