Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andymmbell Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 02:15 PM
    My Monitor Shakes, roughly every 20 seconds.
    Hello, Im new to this sort of thing, but I need help.
    My Monitor screen shakes from time to time roughly every 20 seconds.
    Its not a major shake but noticeable, if you know what I mean.

I have installed all the correct graphics drivers etc, and its getting on my nerves.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Nov 5, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Is it a CRT? These have a degauss feature, it would be on the monitor itself, click the monitor's menu button and look around in the menu. Degauss eliminates static that can build up and cause what you are describing.

If it's not a CRT or this doesn't help then the monitor is starting to go and will die soon, have it looked at (or the cheaper solution) have it replaced.

To be sure the problem is the monitor, try attaching another monitor and see if you have the same problems, if not then your monitor can be confirmed as the source of the problem.
    andymmbell Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2007, 08:17 AM
    Thanks for the advice.

I have reset my tft monitor to its default setting and it seems to have slowed down the shaking.

It now shakes roughly every minute.

I should have said before, that the current hard drive I'm using has been formated and installed about 60 times from new. ( I try new stuff )

Do you think that its my OS on my hard drive ( windows XP )

Many thanks
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2007, 01:51 PM
    I doubt it's a hardware problem, the best bet is to use a different monitor, have a friend bring theirs over or something and if it doesn't happen it's the monitor. If it does happen still it's the video card.

You definitely need to replace some piece of hardware. A bad hard drive or OS install wouldn't cause this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Outside Blower kicks on for 5 seconds then goes off for 10 seconds [ 1 Answers ]

I've looked all over this forum for something like this, but nothing I've see quite nails my problem so If I missed it, sorry. Here it goes... My outside blower comes on for about 5 seconds when my thermostat activates for the heat. With furnace still on the blower shuts off for 10 seconds and...

2 weeks pregnant roughly, bit confused [ 1 Answers ]

I had my last period on 9th aug, I had light bleeding and mucas on 20th aug for 2 days and then nothing, followed by light cramping that has worn off now. I did a pregnancy test and it showed positive. After 1 week of cramping it stopped and now I have brown discharge. I would be due on in the next...

Monitor screen shakes [ 6 Answers ]

Can anyone help me. My monitor sits about 2 or 3 feet from the main eletrical box in the house. When anything turns on in the house, such as a dishwasher, furnace.. etc, the screen starts to shake. I do have a second computer which sits about 7 feet from the box and that screen does not shake. I...

View more questions Search