Preprinted
    Letterhead
    Pre-punched
    Recycled
    Labeled
    Envelope
    Rough
    Transparency

Which paper type would cause the printer to deposit the greatest amount of toner at the lowest temperature. i.e. I don't want it to stick well.

-or-

Can you rank the paper type with increasing fuser temperature?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Nov 5, 2007, 12:56 PM
    KISS,

Good afternoon sir.

Draft or light, put the least amount of toner on the page.

The rougher or thicker paper is the more toner is used.

The first pass through the fuser is heated to the highest temp. The second pass through on the duplex option, the fuser is not heated as high, to prevent the first side from melting and getting scraped off.

Other than that, there is that much difference in the toner amounts drawn to the charged page.

Don
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2007, 01:21 PM
    Wouldn't a thicker paper use a higher temperature and transparancy the least?

Wouldn't transparency sometimes have to disable some of the paper-path sensors I know that wasn't part of the question.

The reason why I'm asking, is what might be the best paper setting to use when doing a "toner transfer method" for making printed circuit boards.

The duplex thing makes sense.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Nov 6, 2007, 05:43 PM
    Kiss,

You have me on that one. I all the years I worked around the IBM and Lexmark, I never saw cb created off toner scrape use.

Let me think about this, If you are using melted toner to to create the circuit paths prior to the solder bath how do you force the toner to adhere to the board?

I can see if anyone still remembers me back in the Kentucky lab, but I have been gone almost three years now.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 06:09 PM
    Look at this link:
    HeadWize Projects - Etching a Printed Circuit Board with the Toner Transfer Method by Christopher Garber

And Gootee's link at the bottom of that page.

I tried some stuff called TEC-200 film a long time ago and had no luck.

I prefer polyester paper and photo exposed.

So, I'm asking for future reference and I've been chatting with someone from the .au domain.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Laser printer smudging [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Brother laser printer HL 1030 and I use Windows XP. It has started printing with a black smudge all the way down the left hand side of the paper. Cleaning the drum has no effect - wipe off ink/powder but this has no effect. Tried new cartridge as this has solved problem in the past but...

Print codes for Dell Laser Printer [ 1 Answers ]

I write software and need to know the printer code to send to a Dell Laser Color printer to have it select the multipurpose tray instead of the main tray so it will print envelops from that tray. Anyone know the ascii code to accomplish this?

Laser Printer [ 2 Answers ]

I am getting to a point where I will be doing a larger amount of printing. A lot of it in black and white but some color. I have been using a Lexmark inkjet printer ( cheap walmart ) Someone suggested I buy a used laser printer ( on somewhere like ebay) and the toner cart is a lot cheaper per...

Laser Printer not Printing [ 2 Answers ]

First of All MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR to all.. Having problem printing on my HP 2600n Laser Jet Printer.. Tried re-connecting (USB) the printer but still no luck & it keeps on showing the OFFLINE status... Please advise...

View more questions Search