Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dw@conval Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2003, 09:52 AM
    Fence Repair
    Hi

I have a wood fence with 4x4 posts.Some are leaning.Is there an easy way to straighten them out without removing them? Soil is normal--light clay and earth

Thanks!
    wpkraft Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2004, 02:10 PM
    Fence Repair
    You will have to remove them. Open the existing hole with a post hole digger and set posts in concrete.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jul 11, 2004, 06:26 PM
    Fence Repair
    You might do better to just cut the old ones off and leave them, sinking new ones as close as you can.

Once they are loose from the fence, you could try wrapping a chain around them, and another 4x4. Add a block to pry on and try to pry them out of the ground. If it doesn't work, you can always go back to cutting them off.
    suptclark Posts: 64, Reputation: 8

Jun 20, 2009, 06:30 PM

If the posts are physically sound( no rot), I recommend straightening them with braces on the side they leaning to and tamping the earth around them as firmly as you can. In my experience says this works.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fence Repair [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have a wood fence with 4x4 posts.Some are leaning.Is there an easy way to straighten them out without removing them? Soil is normal--light clay and earth Thanks!

The fence [ 58 Answers ]

Should the United States build a fence along our southern border with Mexico?

Installing wooden fence [ 8 Answers ]

I want to hire someone to install a new wooden fence. Like to pay him for the job but curious as to how many hours would it require one person to put in 120 feet of fencing. Includes 15 posts and required 2X4's and 6 inch boards. Posts to be installed with concrete. Two gates. Rough estimate is...

Wood fence [ 1 Answers ]

I want to build a fence 8 ft tall and I am requested by the city engineered wind load calculations for 90 miles per hour, sustained for 3 seconds. How do I calculate this? Thanks for any help

Leaning Block Fence [ 1 Answers ]

I'm looking for advice on how to straighten a leaning block fence. The problem looks something like this (sorry for the poor graphic): ----------| | -----------| | Fence leaning to left, away from yard -----------| | ------------| | ------------| | -------------| | -------------| ...

View more questions Search