Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bryden1401 Posts: 13, Reputation: 2

Nov 5, 2007, 10:16 AM
    Credit card debts
    Ok so we entered into a credit settlement company and they have done a great job thus far we've been with it for 14 months now and settled about 9 credit cards, I do not work, we have no house, no land, and no money or I wouldn't be here. Our car is still be paid on also. I responded to all of the threats I got asking for validation and everything, so far only one responded back and that acount was already settled were in the program for 36 month or as soon as we get everything paid off. My hubby is in Iraq so they cannot touch his pay. So far we haven't had any judgements against us and I have offered to make payments everytiem I sent in a validation of debt letter, so I am trying my best I offered a payment option with no response so if I ended up in court with one what might be the worst that could happen I have nothing they can take and no money saved really and when it is saved it pays off a settlement, I would hope a judge would see I am doing all I can, we are a family of 5 with one incoem. Anyone else been in this situation?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Nov 5, 2007, 10:22 AM
    Sounds like you are judgement proof. And if your husband is in the military, the creditors are likely to keep hands off considering the potentially bad publicity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card debts [ 1 Answers ]

My brother died leaving a total of $70K credit card debts. His wife received some life insurance benefit which exceeds $70K. Is his wife liable for the credit card debts even if she is not a co-signer? There is no estate except a residence which is a Joint tenancy property and is now solely owned...

Summons, Old Credit Card Debts [ 2 Answers ]

Hey

Summon, Old Credit Card Debts, Need Info [ 1 Answers ]

Hope someone can help. I received a summons from Attorney. Apparently my credit card debts were bought by collection agency who has sent me a summons that I have not responded to. My house is has been sold and is pending settlement. The original summons was for approximately $25,000. When a...

Statute of limitation on credit card debts [ 2 Answers ]

What is the statute of limitation in ontario canada on dept. store credit card debts? Tks northerngentleman

Credit Card Debts / Charged offs [ 1 Answers ]

I have 3 credit cards which two of them already reported to CRA my account as R9 ( Charged off ). I was told by so many people that credit card companies after 180 - or 210 days after first delinquency they charge off the account. And turn the account usually to collection firms. I have contacted...

View more questions Search