Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kate03 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 5, 2007, 06:46 AM
    Transmission Fluid
    I own a 2000 Isuzu Rodeo. Where do you find the dipstick to check the transmission fluid and where is the opening to replace the transmission fluid? None of these are visible by looking under the hood.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2007, 08:02 AM
    I'd call the dealer, since some vehicles don't have transmission dipsticks anymore. It's hard to believe but it may be intended as a dealer serviceable item only, whereby they use a fluid exchange system attached to the lines going into the radiator or auxiliary transmission cooler.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Nov 5, 2007, 10:16 AM
    CHANGING TRANSMISSION FLUID
    1. Place a large drain pan under the oil pan.
    2. Remove the transmission oil drain screw and drain fluid.
    3. Tighten drain screw. Torque: 38 Nm (28 ft.lbs.)
    4. Remove the transmission overfill screw and fill transmission through overfill screw opening, using DEXRON III ATF. NOTE: Add transmission fluid until it flows out over the overfill screw opening.
    5. Let engine idle until a fluid temperature between 32°C (90°F) and 57°C (135°F) is reached.
    6. Add transmission fluid until it flows out over the overfill screw opening, then close the overfill screw. Torque: 38 Nm (28 ft.lbs.)

Name:  aa.gif
Views: 1955
Size:  8.3 KB

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transmission fluid [ 1 Answers ]

What kind of fluid do I put in the transmission of a 94 honda civic 5 speed manual?

Transmission fluid leaking [ 1 Answers ]

Transmission fluid leaking in my radiator

Transmission Fluid check for 94 Honda Civic [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible that the transmission fluid level needs to be checked when the vehicle is shut off? I have check while running ion park and the entiore dipstick is covered, up to the rubber plug. However, when the engine is off (engine hot) there is no fluid on the dip stick. The Haynes manual...

View more questions Search