Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thematrix12 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Nov 25, 2007, 07:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CHERIE_LABAT
    my 5 yr old son was paddled by the principal I have several problems about this and would like any help or suggestions.
    1.) I signed the form to allow him to be paddled but i wrote in very noticeable informing them that before he was to be paddled they must first call and tell me what he is being paddled for. I live 2 miles from the school.

2.) my son received a paddling by the principal which left a very red and raised mark on him 5 hours later. I do have pictures. the principal paddled him at nap time (after lunch). He got around to calling me to inform me he was paddled at 4:00 pm.

3.) he was paddled on tuesday by the teacher for hitting a child and used the restroom on the wall. i went talked to the teacher on wednesday and also sent a note telling her he was not to be paddled again. i made it very clear I expected to be called before hand.

4.) the principal had the teacher walk him over to the office on friday and he was paddled again. this is when he left the marks. this is the best part the teacher never told him she already paddled him nor did she stop it. So the principal left marks on my 5 yr old child by accident. it took him 3 days to get around to handling it and he was 4 hours late on calling to get permission since they were told not to at all.

what should i do and how should i handle this?
    Hi guys. I live in the uk. What is paddling?
    NowWhat Posts: 1,634, Reputation: 264
    Ultra Member

Nov 25, 2007, 07:53 AM
    Spanking with a large flat piece of wood
    thematrix12 Posts: 65, Reputation: 2

Nov 25, 2007, 07:55 AM
    Oh right. We don't do that over here. I think we should though.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Nov 25, 2007, 08:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by CHERIE_LABAT
    in fact he scored way above level. ... Since then he has been put in a different class where he is doing excellent, and even received a brag letter one day for being so good and helpful and cleaning up some trash while he was out at recess. ... he does know what is acceptable and whats not. I just feel that the problem was just with this teacher. Several other school employees has said the same and all just tell me how smart, sweet and well mannered he is and how much they enjoy him.
    Often kids that are advanced in school but in a grade below their intellect will get bored and frustrated and act upon it in different ways. Once they are put in classes where they feel their intellect is being challenged they do better because they do not get bored as easily.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Nov 27, 2007, 01:38 AM
    I can't believe that they still DO THAT... and yes, it is barbaric. And the worst thing is he was HIT for HITTING. How is that supposed to teach him a lesson?

As far as the paddling goes, I would contact the superintendent then a lawyer..
    lhemilie202 Posts: 35, Reputation: 5

Dec 13, 2007, 08:22 PM
    I think this is absolutely sick I don't care where you are raised or how they do things in the south this is completely awful you should feel ashamed even if you are trying to reverse it now I'm sorry but that is abuse. Do abuse your child if you are letting someone else hit him he is a 5 year old child and does not deserve it people wonder why there is so much violence today because parents like you think its or to use violence with your kids and the chain continues thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 13, 2007, 08:27 PM
    A five year old is a good age and spanking is a great disipline technique to properly train a child when other methods do not work.
    It teaches them that there are serious punishments for the greater violations of rules.

God help us all when proper child raising is not allowed any longer. No wonder home school is getting more and more popular
    Tuscany Posts: 1,049, Reputation: 229
    Ultra Member

Dec 14, 2007, 07:11 AM
    oneguyinohio disagrees: I don't think other methods were tried at all. Beat your kids into submission if you choose, but I don't think spanking is ever a great technique. Too many people abuse it, and it doesn't teach what it is intended to.

I agree that spanking does not teach the child what was intended. It teaches fear if spanking is done to often.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Dec 15, 2007, 01:18 AM
    I don't think that striking a child should even be considered discipline, it's abuse.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What punishment? [ 4 Answers ]

:confused: hi I am wondering what will happen if someone was working at the bank and stoled 1000.00 dollars from the draw and was set a court date what going to happen to them

Punishment as a child [ 24 Answers ]

What was your worst spanking as a kid

What's the punishment? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I live in Texas and my husband was arrested this past Monday. He had 3 unpaid traffic tickets (speeding, ran a red light, and failure to maintain financial responsibility.. this last will go away when he can show proof he was insure just didn't have the card) and he also received a ticket for...

Capital punishment [ 32 Answers ]

Is execution of murderers a deterrent to crime

The right punishment [ 7 Answers ]

My friend's daughter started a web-site on Xanga and put quote's about suicide, that she got off a suicide web page, into her profile. I think that this is a big red flag but he believed her when she told him it was her friend's idea. He had previously told her not to ever start a web site on...

View more questions Search