Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KAOSKTRL Posts: 119, Reputation: 0

Nov 15, 2005, 02:12 PM
    Speedbag, time to move down?
    How do I know, In using a 10x7 It has only been a couple of weeks with it.
    first time speedbag training.

Nov 19, 2005, 05:05 PM
    OK I took some air out f it and can do 1s, thanks for the help
    rkim291968 Posts: 261, Reputation: 34

Nov 19, 2005, 11:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSKTRL
    ok I took some air out f it and can do 1s, thanks for the help
    If that helps, fine. If not, you should start with larger bag if you can find one. Lots of practice will do it - remember, Boxing is mostly a repetitive training except in sparring session.
    Sage Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Nov 20, 2005, 12:01 AM
    forget a big bag go for a smaller one.

repetition, repetition, repetition.. be aware of your body movments and your footwork during speed bag.. shift your weight from foot to foot. Learn to circle around the area of the bag. Go to the left and then to the right etc..

don't know how long your doing on the bag at a time.. try three 3 min rounds x 2

Nov 20, 2005, 01:49 PM
    Ok I set the times for 15 min and was about to do8 min of one's then had to slow down to 3 for 5 min and then finish up with ones.
    Need more training for sure. Bad lactic acid just quite smoking 3 weeks ago.

Nov 20, 2005, 06:00 PM
    Ok I set the times for 15 min and was about to do8 min of one's then had to slow down to 3 for 5 min and then finish up with ones.
    need more training for sure. bad lactic acid just quite smoking 3 weeks ago.
    What is your trainnig routine like?

Check this out
    http://www.rossboxing.com/thegym/thegym20.htm

Check out the video for a little fun
    http://www.rossboxing.com/

Nov 20, 2005, 06:58 PM
    Im pretty much in grave condition ,
    Im trying to keep myself burning fat as that is really all I have ,
    I start the day with some low glycemic foods and walking brisk 30 then kettlebell training then the day is consumed with as much cardio as I can handle mostly cardio liftiung jump rope heavy bag
    Found a new city gym that is fully equipt with cybex and what not so Im going to start going there as it need to do squats/leg press and my knees are shot
    And I want to use the ube machines. Im hoping I can stablizes the kneees enough to some day run aliitle
    http://www.firstfitnessequipment.com/ube.htm

The nights are a grab bag of raquet ball and power walking with weights & wives.

So I'm just trying to burn up the fat shake off the lethargy I have to work to remember to keep the Kalories up .

This is all a getting back in shape since my DR threatened to shoot me.

I have been sitting in front of this computer since 9/11

Nov 20, 2005, 08:12 PM
    Going to intergrate this
    As that about how long I can jump rope
    http://www.martygallagher.com/cardio.../153_0_10_0_C/

Nov 21, 2005, 12:21 PM
    That gym is deluxe 3 bucks Im tour up

Nov 21, 2005, 01:31 PM
    Im pretty much in grave condition ,
    Im trying to keep myself burning fat as that is really all I have ,
    I start the day with some low glycemic foods and walking brisk 30 then kettlebell training then the day is consumed with as much cardio as I can handle mostly cardio liftiung jump rope heavy bag
    Found a new city gym that is fully equipt with cybex and what not so Im going to start going there as it need to do squats/leg press and my knees are shot
    and I want to use the ube machines. Im hoping I can stablizes the kneees enough to some day run aliitle
    http://www.firstfitnessequipment.com/ube.htm

the nights are a grab bag of raquet ball and power walking with weights & wives.

So I m just trying to burn up the fat shake off the lethargy I have to work to remember to keep the Kalories up .

this is all a getting back in shape since my DR threatend to shoot me.

I have been sitting in front of this computer since 9/11
    Looks like you're doing a lot of stuff, that's good. Do you have a regular routine that you're using?

What's your diet like?

Take a look at this, there is a lot of great information here that you can use. EAS has great supplements for training and a ton of information
    www.nutros.com
    www.eas.com

Pavel Tsatsouline
    http://www.russiankettlebells.com/

Nov 21, 2005, 01:56 PM
    Going to intergrate this
    as that bout how long I can jump rope
    http://www.martygallagher.com/cardio.../153_0_10_0_C/
    Jump rope takes a little time, but soon you will get it. Make sure you using your wrists to turn the rope not your arms. Small jumps not big ones to start, work to twisting your hips and different footwork exercises. Footwork and stance are key for boxing.

For cardio I warm up on the treadmill... I'm running for 10 minutes at his point, medium pace. You can start with 5 minutes of brisk walking eventually over time you can work up to 20 minutes running

After the treadmill I mix my skipping with jumping jacks. I do about 3 minutes rope then 50 JJ, then another 3 minutes rope then another 50 JJ till I have 200 JJ.. so its about about 12 minutes rope and 200 JJ. I fit in 75 pushups throughout the workout.

Then off the speed bag for 10-20 minutes, then 20 minutes on heavy bag, 10 minutes reflex bag.. then 20 minutes mitt work, 20 minutes footwork, 10 minutes slip rope, 20 minutes shadow box.

I split my weight training into upper and lower body. Will do upper body one day then boxng workout, Next day Abs and boxing workout, next day Lower body and boxing workout. One day a week nothing but lay around and sleep, rest TV etc..

http://www.sportsci.org/
    Take a look at this as well.. something ot press towards.. ;)
    http://www.sportsci.org/news/news9709/hatfield.html

Nov 22, 2005, 01:50 PM
    Im getting better at jumping I put in a padded floor in the office and then card board over that in one spot and it getts to be perfect for jumping .
    I can't believe how sore I am today I crushed the triceps and legs yesterday I won't be able to do anything today.
    Just drink spirulina and protein I guess. My tits hurt.

Nov 22, 2005, 02:59 PM
    Get yourself some Glutamine ( L-glutamine ) it help make your boo boos go away. You can get it at the vitimin store or at the grocery store in the vitamin section etc..

Nov 22, 2005, 05:07 PM
    Oh thank god ,
    What do you know about increased endurance using creatine?you would figure I would be fit for anaerobic ,being I have smoked for 30 plus years

Nov 22, 2005, 05:52 PM
    Ok I went out a got some, Nothing yet,

Nov 22, 2005, 09:47 PM
    Oh thank god ,
    What do you know about increased endurance using creatine?you would figure I would be fit for anaerobic ,being I have smoked for 30 plus years
    there are 3 different kinds of creatine

Creatine monohydrate
    Creatine monohydrate is the most scientifically recognized, widely available, and commonly used form of creatine supplementation. It's popular with the scientific community because it's the form used in the majority of research studies. However, there are alternative forms of creatine available that offer similar (although sometimes limited) benefits to the monohydrate form.

Creatine Phospahte
    Research has shown both creatine phosphate and creatine monohydrate are equally effective. Many so-called experts have tried to suggest that since our bodies use creatine phosphate naturally, by all means, the form of creatine phosphate as a supplement would be better than the monohydrate form... But maybe not. Here's why...

Upside There is none. You see, the way it works is that once creatine phosphate enters your gut, the phosphate is immediately snatched away, and you're left with free creatine (what your muscles want). But the same applies to the monohydrate form — once dissolved in water, the monohydrate molecule (water) is released, and the substance left in your gut is free creatine (again, what your muscles want).

Downside
    Creatine phosphate is extremely expensive to manufacture, and there is no mass production of it nor popular demand for it; thus, it remains over-priced. It has also been reported by many users to be quite grainy in texture, unlike the monohydrate form, which is a slightly gritty, tasteless, and odorless powder.

Creatine Citrate
    Creatine citrate has been shown to reach its peak concentration in the blood within one hour, as opposed to creatine monohydrate, which takes up to three hours. Nonetheless, this may not be an overly beneficial effect because muscle cells must be fully "saturated" with creatine before creatine can produce any real effects.

Upside It has been noted that creatine citrate tends to dissolve more easily in water than the monohydrate form, which may indicate that creatine citrate is absorbed more quickly into the bloodstream. This means it may be more readily available for use, more quickly. However, no studies have yet supported this contention.

Downside You would need to consume nearly twice as much (in grams) of creatine citrate to get the same amount of creatine as you would with the monohydrate form. This is because creatine citrate is only 40% creatine and 60% citrate, whereas creatine monohydrate is 90% creatine and 10% monohydrate. As well, many consumers of creatine citrate have sited an acidic taste and sometimes stomach discomfort.

READ THE REST http://nutros.com/nsr-0202m.html

What I use

NO-Xplode
    Extreme Nitric Oxide & Creatine Surge!
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/bsn/xplode.html

Tri-creatine malate is a compound made from creatine monohydrate and malic acid. The substance is so named because the compound is made from three creatine molecules attached to one molecule of malic acid.
    READ THIS http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/tricrea.html

NO-Xplode has eliminated this problem by increasing your body's creatine saturation point. It completely opens up the blood vessels which feed the muscle, allowing the Muscle Volumizing Creatine Matrix to stretch the muscle cell and force it to hold more creatine and other volumizing nutrients. And, what's even more amazing, is that this starts happening within minutes of ingestion.
    Ok, this stuff is really good product, I have continue to use it. It tasts like hell but just toss it back its over in no time. You will get a great pump and it helps with mental focus. Read the info for all the details. But I like it in spite of the taste, in fact I'm just ran out and have to go get some more.. so far the orange seems to go down the easiest.. lemon lime is a little harsh.

Nov 22, 2005, 09:50 PM
    Ok I went out a got some, Nothing yet,
    Lol. Just try it once and throw the rest out.. ;)

This is a good product for glutamine

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/eas/cytovolhp.html
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/glutamine.html

Get this next time from the viti store
    speedbag Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 27, 2005, 06:42 PM
    Speed Bag information
    How do I know, In using a 10x7 It has only been a couple of weeks with it.
    first time speedbag training.
    Hey KAOSKTRL,

When you say "time to move down", It is not clear to me if you mean moving to a smaller bag, ( which is faster.. ) or moving down to a slower bag (or larger one.)

If you are letting air out of the bag, I suspect you want it to go slower. (or move "down" to a slower bag.. ) the next larger bag is an 11x8. ( titleboxing speedbags

There are a few things you can do. First, try using 5 rebounds instead of 3. ( 3 is the normal triplet rhythm you hear most boxers do. But 5 rebounds will also work if you can't make 3.)

Slow down. Hit with less power. A 10x7 bag will easily make 3 rebounds with just the weight of your hand hitting it with no force. The secret to speed bag control is hitting it consistently with equal force or power with each successive punch. And, you have to do this over and over with both hands. It takes a little practice.

look here of speed bag help.

Speedbagcentral.com/beginner tips

Also, lots of basic information about punching skills, techniques, combinations, speed bag rhythms etc.
    Speed Bag Basics

and just for fun.

speed Bag video demos

online speed bag video's

hope these help you.

speedbag

Nov 27, 2005, 09:26 PM
    Bag tips.
    • To determine proper inflation level, pump until all the wrinkles are out of the outer leather and the bag is smooth. Then put in one or two more. You should be able to gently squeeze the inflated bag and push the leather in slightly.

Great links thanks
    Found this, Mine was as hard a seat in a ferrarri Testerrosa
    My son could do singles but his hands are as fast as they get, from guitar I guess never knew him to hit a speed bag around here.
    I figured a smaller bag would be faster but smaller allowing my ham sized hands
    Room the letting the air out has worked well enough and Im really enjoying the time on the bag .
    I may incorperate a balance board when my knees feel strong enough to trust.
    I need to accept the time constraints of rest relax and enjoy myself
    sindrella1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 10:34 PM
    Hi, I have some information about L-Glutamine which I want to share with all of you.

L-Glutamine is energy sources utilized by rapidly proliferating cells. Glutamic acid the most abundant amino group in the human brain. L-Glutamine and Glutamine Powder plays a vital role to building and maintenance of muscle tissue.
    More detail please visit: http://www.nutrovita.com/store/l-glutamine.htm

I hope this information will be useful for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer won't start up first time, but will second time [ 8 Answers ]

So this is a completely different computer first off. When I press the power button, everything powers up, but the computer does not post, or beep. If you leave the computer on for like 10 seconds, turn it off, and then turn it immediately back on, it turns on, posts, beeps, boots into Windows...

Part time or full time resident? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student in PA and spent about 3 months in New York during the summer for an internship. Since my primary domicile was still in PA (since I had to return for the next year of classes), am I a resident of PA for the full year or a part year resident? Likewise when I file state tax...

I can't seem to move on. [ 20 Answers ]

This is my first time posting here so apologies if this is too long winded but I really need impartial advice over something that is ruining my life. Myboyfriend and I broke up over two years ago after dating for 7 years. We were friends for a long time before we started dating so I have spent...

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

I can't get my EX to move on [ 4 Answers ]

My EX keeps talking to me about working things out. She pukes at the idea of me being with a new girl. She has a new Boy friend I tell her be with him she tells me I want you. If I iqnore her then she seems to try harder. This has been the worst break up ever. I am having trouble letting her go. I...

View more questions Search