Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 7, 2007, 04:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by charlotte234s
    I suppose but I don't think there's ever an excuse to murder or rape...
    Hello again, charlotte:

I'm not a rapist. I think rape is horrible. However, there have been times in my life where, if I weren't with the girl that I was, I could have been charged with rape.

On a few occasions in my past, I can recall NOT stopping when the girl said I should. No, it wasn't rape. But, could I have been charged with rape?? Certainly. Could I have been found guilty?? I would hope not, but I'm no fool. I certainly could have been.

Should there be a death penalty for that?? Uhhhhh, no!

excon
    charlotte234s Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 143
    Ultra Member

Nov 7, 2007, 12:29 PM
    I'm not a rapist. I think rape is horrible. However, there have been times in my life where, if I weren't with the girl that I was, I could have been charged with rape.

On a few occasions in my past, I can recall NOT stopping when the girl said I should. No, it wasn't rape. But, could I have been charged with rape?? Certainly. Could I have been found guilty?? I would hope not, but I'm no fool. I certainly could have been.

Should there be a death penalty for that?? Uhhhhh, no!

Uhm, I think that when a woman says no, you have to stop, or it is rape. Taking advantage of someone when they are vulnerable is wrong, and no means no, that's why those laws exist. I'm not saying that every rapist should get the death penalty, but there are situations where the rape is so violent, so violating, and so horrible, that it constitutes deserving the death penalty, in my opinion. I don't think that if my boyfriend and I were having sex and I said stop during and he didn't, I would file rape charges, because that's not violent, and I'm not a minor, and he wouldn't be really harming me physically, but that situation is about respect, in a relationship, and a man who doesn't respect your wishes sexually doesn't respect you and you shouldn't be in a relationship with him, but I do think that rape of children, violent or forcible rape, gangrape, premeditated rape, and other more violent kinds of rape do deserve stronger penalties, and if a person think it's okay to rape someone else and seriously hurt them, they deserve the strongest penalty available.

I don't believe there are any people on death row currently for statutory rape within a relationship, though, I think it's mostly just very violent rapists who attacked unsuspecting people.
    kandyfruitcake Posts: 67, Reputation: 18

Feb 2, 2008, 08:07 AM
    Hi. I have first hand knowledge of a DR case and how it works - or rather, doesn't work. The whole system is as corrupt as hell and what you see and hear in a courtroom is absolutely beyond belief. The lawyers ask questions they've already decided the answers on and don't hear anything but that, posture like they're on bloody Court TV, and main evidence doesn't get submitted. Prosecutorial Misconduct is a mainstay:(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

C2660, does not take 0 arguments [ 1 Answers ]

I have read about this error message and understand that there is something that I should put between the () of the calcAvg(), but I can't figure out what! I thought it would be 'number', but that doesn't work... PLEASE HELP! I bold-ed the calcAvg function //Ch9Ex3and4.cpp - accepts an...

I can't handle arguments! [ 5 Answers ]

If my boyfriend and I have a heated discussion, and I hear his booming voice starting to grow, the first thing I do is look for the exit and RUN. I go to great lengths to avoid arguing, and sometimes walk on eggshells or just agree with him. I have even lied about petty things to prevent...

The death penalty [ 1 Answers ]

Can someone help me come up with a good thesis statement concerning the death penalty?

The Death Penalty, Schwarzenegger and The Exonerated [ 14 Answers ]

On January 19th of this year Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger allowed the First death sentence to be served in three years, and the first under Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger. That is almost copied straight from a News site (because honestly if I hadn’t, there’s no way I’d have been Able to...

Arguments [ 3 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship with my boyfreind for 3 and a half months, and lately I have been starting loads of unnesasary arguments. He puts up with it, but I'm worried that he will get bored of me keep starting them. I really love him and he loves me and I don't want this relationship to end. I...

View more questions Search