Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    greatinbed Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Nov 15, 2005, 01:04 PM
    Cute??
    Sup friends, I noticed that guys love saying the word "cute" to girls. Why is that? I mean, cute as in what? Babies are cute. Puppies are cute? What the hell do you all mean, for real now! Why can't you say " hey, you're f-ing hot" or even "you're alright" but "cute" don't cut it. What do you mean? Guys, help me out here!! I need to know!
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 15, 2005, 05:32 PM
    I'm assuming your still a teenager. I've heard guys use the words pretty or hot around me, they don't normally use the word cute. However, girls use cute a lot, my girlfriends use the word cute when they talk about guys and they're in their late 20's to early 30's. But it really depends on the guys you meet, cute is a way for some guys to tell a girl that she is pretty without sounding too eager. When a guy calls you cute, take it as a compliment. ;)
    rajeevsrai Posts: 22, Reputation: 0

Nov 15, 2005, 09:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by greatinbed
    Sup friends, I noticed that guys love saying the word "cute" to girls. Why is that? I mean, cute as in what? Babies are cute. Puppies are cute? What the hell do you all mean, for real now! Why can't you say " hey, you're f-ing hot" or even "you're alright" but "cute" don't cut it. What do you mean? Guys, help me out here!!! I need to know!!
    Well it depends on individual
    He may mean u are reall so nice n sexy
    Or he may be making a ****ing fool of u
    Depends
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Nov 16, 2005, 05:32 AM
    Cute
    Hi,
    You seem to be really sensitive to the word "cute". Why are you letting it affect you this way.
    The word, when used with puppies, means love, beautiful, want to hold you, and anything else you personally would like to read into it.
    If "cute" doesn't cut it with you, then meet some new boys, be yourself, treat them with respect, and look for someone who doesn't use that word.
    Personally, I wouldn't be offended at anyone for calling me cute. But, then again, I am 63 yrs old, and look at things differently. I do wish you well, and hope you can work all this out.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Nov 19, 2005, 04:50 PM
    Actually my wife says that about me sometimes and I am like what do you mean by that? I say that to her sometimes too. It means to me, adorable, pretty and that it is a very good comment and it is meant as a loving gesture. That is for me anyway.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 19, 2005, 05:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rajeevsrai
    well it depends on individual
    he may mean u are reall so nice n sexy
    or he may be making a ****ing fool of u
    depends
    MY OPINION is that you and GREATINBED were raised a little differently than people who know how to watch their language. I was born and raised in the military and I know and even forgot all the words that you still have to think about - believe me you're not making up any new ones.. but I choose not to use them because I have more respect for myself than you do for yourselves. When someone does or says something cute it's a compliment, and also when one appears cute it's still a compliment and respectful, and no 'f' words are needed to communicate, unless it's behind closed doors with consenting adults. I hope you will realize that when you have your own children some day, before they come up with stuff that knock your socks off.

This word means - not impressed!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 19, 2005, 05:20 PM
    "hot"
    OK, in normal adult proper society no we don't tell someone they are hot.
    Guys in the backroom of the mailroom or in the bar may talk about girls like that but unless a guy is dating and knows the girl, NO, you are hot is not correct and proper talk.

To many "cute" is and should be a wonderful thing. Cute if a nice looking girl, that may have some "little girl" qualities. Which is actually a real turn on issue for a lot of guys.

Cute is not "your hot how long will it take you to get your pants down" but then it is not " how are you talking you should bark"

Honestly if cute is not a great word to hear from guys, you have been hanging around the wrong people, it is a good word.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Nov 19, 2005, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    ok, in normal adult proper society no we don't tell someone they are hot.
    Guys in the backroom of the mailroom or in the bar may talk about girls like that but unless a guy is dating and knows the girl, NO, you are hot is not correct and proper talk.

To many "cute" is and should be a wonderful thing. cute if a nice looking girl, that may have some "little girl" qualities. Which is actually a real turn on issue for alot of guys.

Cute is not "your hot how long will it take you to get your pants down" but then it is not " how are you talking you should bark"

Honestly if cute is not a great word to hear from guys, you have been hanging around the wrong people, it is a good word.
    Tried to rate this post, but got a message to 'spread it before I can rate you again', so I'm lauding you with an ATTABOY!:cool:
    wizzkid89 Posts: 243, Reputation: 63

Nov 20, 2005, 02:56 AM
    First I am in high school out here in cali so I feel like I can really break this down for you or at least my point of view which is the only thing someone really has. Anyway, in high school most guys have a small vocabulary, one of the main reasons that funny senctences get played out, also the main reason we use cute is that we don't want to offend the girl. See when guys talk to girls they don't want to seem like a dog and say vulgar things. So, in an attempt for you to actually want to talk to us again, we like to compliment the crap out of you, which leads us to use the word cute, which can be used in many manners even without talking to the opposite sex, such as, and excuse me for the run-on sentences it's just something I do at 2 am, if someone does something clumsy you say "Hey that was cute", or if a girl/guy happens to just strike you as attractive you say cute when they give you a pretty smile or something in that manner. All in all, they don't mean to say cute a lot they just want to be in the persons good graces, so don't hate, appreciate.
    ranieri Posts: 136, Reputation: 13

Nov 21, 2005, 04:06 PM
    Greatinbed
    With a web name like that what does it matter what they call you. I would think that being referred to as cute would be beter than everyone referring to me as great in bed
    You state you would like to be talked to "F*ing hot. To me that is all sexual. Someone appreciates you for who you are and not what is between your legs sounds better to me.
    It is a shame I think that this is all the more that you think of yourself.
    I would not want a man to be seen talking to me this way in public. I think it shows disrespect to a woman. I would not want anyone to see me being disrespected in such a way in public.
    But it is your life, you run it how you see fit. But if you have no respect for yourself don't expect others to see you as worthy. Peace ranieri
    Xx.Blue.on.Black.Xx Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Feb 24, 2006, 06:58 PM
    Well I am always called a "cutie", and yes I take that as a BIG compliment. I also no I am THE bomb. I'm just awesome.:cool:

AND if you're offended by that, or question why they don't say something rather, maybe you aren't totally confident with you're appearance.
    bizygurl Posts: 522, Reputation: 110

Feb 24, 2006, 07:09 PM
    Guys have told me both "cute" and "hot" both are a compliment to me. I use to think why would a guy say "cute" and not pretty, but then a friend of mine told me that her boyfriend uses cute with her and he said that its her facial expressions or the way she laughs that he finds cute. And my friend is absolutely beautiful. A guy ounce said to me "you have such a beautiful smile and a hot body, your such a cute girl" now he used all three phrases in one sentence. I didn't take the cute part to mean less than beautiful. He obviously found me very attractive so it didn't bother me.
    Like with my best friend I think cute is to describe a physical quality that is playful like a look you give or a smile. Believe me its not a bad thing. It may even be the "it" phrase now to describe a pretty girl, esecially if your hearing it a lot now.
    GenomeX Posts: 24, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2006, 09:08 AM
    Hmm.. Personally, I think that the words 'cute' and 'hot' are two totally different things (I'm agreeing with Fr Chuck, but ill explain the idea in a different way). I'm going to be very blunt by the way (I'm a guy, so this is from a guys perspective).

Hot Girl: An example of a hot girl would be paris hilton.As soon as a guy sees this kind of girl he immediately wants to 'bang' her (its a natural thing, we can't stop it.. sorry). Usually this kind of girl will get his attention instantly, as soon as he lays eyes on her. If the guy and the hot girl do go out, then the guy will have no problem treating her like trash and won't really care about her feelings (he will only care about her feelings to benefit himself, if the girl suddenly is starting to not like him). If the guy buys her a gift, he's just doing it for more (or better) sex from her after. Also when the guy and the hot girl do have sex, the guy will tend to do it from behind (if you know what I mean) rather than the more 'PC' way.

Cute Girl: An example of a cute girl would be jamie lynn spears (britney spear's sister). This type of girl will take a little longer to like. Usually when you see a cute girl you don't get that instant 'like' feeling, you usually have to wait till she starts speaking, or smiling or perhaps when you look straight into her cute eyes. When a guy goes out with a cute girl, he really cares about her feelings (sex isn't involved), usually will see a nice future with her and will only occasionally think about sex (and if he does, he'll be thinking of doing it from the front, the 'PC' way). If anyone insults his cute girlfriend, he will be about 10-20 times more affended than if the person insulted him instead. Oh and in the bedroom, the guy would usually rather grab her face instead of her boobs/other areas (lol). He'll also love to cuddle a lot (thats what I love to do). If the guy gets gifts for the cute girl, its only to see the smile on her face and to make her happy (nothing sexually attached).

So yeah I guess I'm quite biased, its quite obvious that I prefer cute girls than hot. But at least you know what a guy REALLY means when he calls you cute or hot.

Most of my past girlfriends are the 'cute' type, its my preference since you can be so so so so open to them, etc. Although I'm 17, I also like acting 'babyish' with my GF (she does the same) and its so cute/adorable. I'd say that a cute girl is a mix of the pretty/hotgirl feeling and the feeling of having a baby in your arms lol. Also when my cute girlfirend (dont have a girlfriend now though) gives me 'sexual pleasure'.. well yeah it feels good but I also get this slight feeling of guilt when she does it (dunno why.. but I guess it brings to good out of me).

Currently I need to find out what girls mean when they say cute...
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Apr 12, 2006, 09:32 AM
    I understand your confusion. I once had a guy tell me that I was extremely cute, but not sexy... whatever that means.
    xcandybabex160 Posts: 68, Reputation: 4

Jun 20, 2006, 02:59 AM
    Cute is another word 4 pretty, or sweet even. I don't get called cute well have once or twice but been called sexi, beautiful was my best one lol and fit a lot I hate guys saying the word fit though it sounds werid lol. Don't be such a dram queen lol call him cute bk play a little lol.
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 20, 2006, 12:36 PM
    Just my two cents here...
    Cute is someone you wouldn't mind taking home to meet your mom
    Hot is someone you would rather take to a hotel room for the night.
    Beautiful is someone you think is out of your league

At least that's how I always have seen it. If a guy we're to tell me I'm hot I don't really give him the time of day. I figure if he uses that word he only wants to get me in bed. If a guy uses cute then it means I've intrigued him in some way and he's willing to invest the time to get to know the person I am. Like I said just my opinion and a bit of experience tossed in..

Didn't realise this post was so old... but I stand by my definition
    ndx Posts: 79, Reputation: 21

Jun 20, 2006, 12:50 PM
    Cutes a lovely word :) Hot is kind of SEXEH, cute is more beautiful.

Deppends how you would like to be viewed, "greatinbed" is obviously a sexeh person, who likes to be viewed hot and kinky. I bet I'm right.

However, I agree with the person above, it's a bit... shallow to refer to someone as "hot" or "f***ing hot". Im sure you don't want guys just looking at your tits, because I'm possitive you have a personality, that you want to be centre stage. As it should be.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2006, 04:28 AM
    The best is when in the eyes for your boyfriend, husband.. he sees you as :-
    Cute, hot, bueatiful, sexy, sweet, rude and fit ;) all in 1 :D ;)
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Jun 21, 2006, 06:36 AM
    Thanks Myth, even first thing in the morning when your hair is not done, got your puffy eyes and moody face (well I do :) ) - he still sees me as gorgeous lol
    That's love ;)
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 21, 2006, 10:23 AM
    Or when you look like you've swallowed a giant beach ball and have all the things that go along with pregnancy and feel like a beached whale and he still tells you your beautiful and that he loves you... Now that's a man...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cute chick right here! [ 11 Answers ]

I wnt my daughters to learn to learn to defend themselves for when the time comes they may have to. Is 5 and 6 yrs old okay? Is 29 too old to learn?

Friends or cute guy? [ 8 Answers ]

All right so my friends don't like this guy Miles that is hella hott because he smokes weed. But I like him a lot-even though I've only seen him once. So I called him(my friend had his number) and asked him if he wanted to hang out. He said "sure, I'll pick you up tonight. we can smoke some weed."...

From a Blonde, but find these cute! [ 17 Answers ]

Seven degrees of Blonde! `4*:-.,_,.-:*4`4*:-.,_,.-:*4`4*:-.,_,.-:*4`4*: FIRST DEGREE A married couple were asleep when the phone rang at 2 in the morning. The wife (undoubtedly blonde), picked up the phone, listened a moment and said "How should I know, that's 200 miles from here!" and hung...

Anyone know any cute/fun Recipes for Kids [ 2 Answers ]

:) :) Hey all I was wondering if you know any fun Recipes for Kids,, (Websites will work too) Thanks

View more questions Search