Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jgiessler Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 07:35 PM
    Flush Mount Ceiling Fan
    We are building a house with 9 foot ceilings in some bedrooms. Does anyone have any suggestions for flushmount ceiling fans?
    I would assume we would need to stay around a foot total, including lamp kit, from ceiling to botton of unit.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 5, 2007, 06:58 AM
    Blades need to be above 7' from floor. Sounds like blades will be around 8+ feet.
    You could use downrod to get closer to 7'?
    Flushmounts , I believe were designed for low ceilings, should work fine, if that is what you prefer.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Nov 6, 2007, 08:37 PM
    I agree that on 9' ceilings a hugger fan is not necessary, however it may be preferable depending on the floor traffic below and whether the fan has a light.

What is your budget? Under $150 I always recommend Hunter fans, over $150 and you have some different options.

Frequently asked ceiling fan questions - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling Fan install not right on putting deco rods to top mount [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Hampton Bay Hawthorne (Mod HD329788) ceiling fan purchased from Home Depot. Display model with all parts but no box or instruction booklet available. Upon mounting the deco rods from the uplight to the top mounting bracket we can't seem to get the right configuration to enable the...

How do I flush mount my Harbor Breeze fan? [ 2 Answers ]

The box indicates that my 52" ceiling fan "New Orleans" can be flush mounted. But the previous owner of the house didn't leave the directions in the boxk, so I'm having a problem figureing it out. Without the directions, I can't tell if I'm missing a piece, or what. At any rate, I'm wondering if...

Bryant ceiling mount furnace [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: thank you for your quick response, upon receiving your reply I was a bit more bewildered. I went to run it through a cycle and watched entirety.I am under the impression the fan is working properly(may be kicking on a bit early)the new problem I noticed is the burners run initially for...

Bryant ceiling mount furnace [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: hello, I recently bought a used bryant ceiling mount furnace model#125-341,not sure of man. Date but guessing older vintage. I went through completely and cleaned thoroughly,mounted and fired it up. Pilot stays lit fine,fan kicks on right away?before the burners ignite. Am getting nice...

Fluorescent bulb in flush mount "spots" [ 6 Answers ]

We have flush mount ceiling fixtures that each have two cylinder "spots". They are made by Hampton Bay and call for 60-watt type R bulbs. We like to put fluorescent bulbs in them (to save energy) but we get a funny smell when we do this. So, the question is: Can we use regular 60-watt bulbs or...

View more questions Search