Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harleyds Posts: 56, Reputation: 2

Jan 18, 2004, 09:12 PM
    Using a Scuba Tank as a source for Air Tools?
    So instead of buying an air compressor, coud I setup a hose and use it as the source of compressed air?

I did a bit of research and know that most compressor pump out air at about 125 psi. Since the scuba tank can kick out pressure up to 3000 psi, I would need to do it attach a regulator value to the scuba tank and set the output pressure to 125psi.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Theory or practical? I'm asking in a few forums since there doesn't seem to be a forum for Air Tools and I'm hoping some of you guys are experienced with air tools.

David??
    wpkraft Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2004, 02:06 PM
    Re: Using a Scuba Tank as a source for Air Tools?
    You also have to consider the cubit feet of air per minute
    You would be able to fill a tire but you would not be able to run power tools to long
    artistall Posts: 88, Reputation: 5

Aug 11, 2004, 09:09 AM
    Re: Using a Scuba Tank as a source for Air Tools?
    Really bad idea!

Go out and Buy a compresser!

Check your local Pawn shops for a good deal!

I see them at Yard sales all the time!

mark lauzon Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2005, 11:17 PM
    Weird! Lol

Regards
    Mark Lauzon
    www.stoneadvice.com
    Slab fabricator heaven
    medic137 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2005, 06:56 PM
    It is possible but not really all that practicle, a lot of fire departments use them to power air chisels in rescue situations, especially when they can not get a truck with a compressor close to where they need to use the tool.
    Flickit Posts: 278, Reputation: 2

May 31, 2005, 11:45 AM
    Try a store...
    Quote Originally Posted by harleyds
    So instead of buying an air compressor, coud I setup a hose and use it as the source of compressed air?

I did a bit of research and know that most compressor pump out air at about 125 psi. Since the scuba tank can kick out pressure up to 3000 psi, I would need to do it attach a regulator value to the scuba tank and set the output pressure to 125psi.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Theory or practical? I'm asking in a few forums since there doesn't seem to be a forum for Air Tools and I'm hoping some of you guys are experienced with air tools.

David ???
    ... name of "Harbor Freight Tools". Even if you don't have one nearby you can find them on-line and they have the cheapest compressors I've ever run across. Quality is average to excellent depending on how much you pay for the unit.
    http://www.harborfreight.com/

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using a Scuba Tank as a source for Air Tools? [ 8 Answers ]

So instead of buying an air compressor, coud I setup a hose and use it as the source of compressed air? I did a bit of research and know that most compressor pump out air at about 125 psi. Since the scuba tank can kick out pressure up to 3000 psi, I would need to do it attach a regulator value...

Exe password (xp tools)... [ 3 Answers ]

I had this xp tools demo version... I try to set a password on some of my exe files... but when I try to unlock it password was still there even I unstill the xp tools and even I delete it from the regestry and reboot when I activate the exe files it still ask for the password... (good thing I know...

PC Tools for the Blind [ 1 Answers ]

Please share any comments a/o recommendations regarding Windoze programs that allow the blind better access/usability to PC apps and the internet? I understand Dragon Naturally Speaking v8, finally hit the mark. Anyone? P2E :p

Network tools? [ 1 Answers ]

Is there any one who knows a tool to check who is connected to the Domain computer from my workstation which is connected to the domain.. Plus were can I get a tool for using the user name and know inge the computer ip address?

Using a Scuba Tank as a source for Air Tools? [ 1 Answers ]

So instead of buying an air compressor, coud I setup a hose and use it as the source of compressed air? I did a bit of research and know that most compressor pump out air at about 125 psi. Since the scuba tank can kick out pressure up to 3000 psi, I would need to do it attach a regulator value...

View more questions Search