Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kitholder Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2005, 07:31 AM
    Kit
    I had a problem with the check valve in my water well, so the company had to pull the pump and replace it. So the next morning we get up to shower and behold no water pressure. The pump wasn't working. It's a Gould GS 18, 2 HP pump that is 2 years old. Well the pump company comes again and replaces the control box, that didn't work. So they pulled the pump again and said that the spring from old check valve had seized up the pump. I had stood outside while they pulled and replaced the check valve. When he jerked it out, the plunger, it broke off the small plastic feet on it , those and the spring when down into the inside of the pump end it was attached to.
    So when he told me this the next day, I assumed that he made a mistake and should have clean this out before installing the new check valve? The owner called me that evening and said that there's no way that this would cause any problem, and then I get a bill for a new pump! I'm asking someone to explain to me how it couldn't have caused the problem. As we had nothing wrong with the pump just the check valve. By the way the valve was probably leaking for around a week, before we notice the cycling on and off the pump. Please help me with this, as I need expert advise on how the mechanics of this work.
    Thanks ahead of time.
    KH
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 15, 2005, 01:33 PM
    You don't need expert advice. You need the pump company to own up to their responsibility and admit that their man screwed the pooch when he let debris and broken parts fall down inside your well and get sucked up into your pumps impeller and destroy a two year old pump. Take pictures, get statements, and if the pump company doesn't want to do the right thing by repairing the damage their man did then take them to small claims court.
    Don't let them try to make out that it's something you did. Never loose sight of the fact that you'r the injured party in all of this. They'll try to roll over you. Stand your ground. You're in the right not them. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search