Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Nov 4, 2007, 03:31 PM
    Authur: Clive Cussler
    Just curious; how many Clive Cussler fans are out there, love the way he tells his action fiction.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2007, 03:33 PM
    I read every book of his until I finally got tired of reading about underground rivers. Cussler does tell a good story though. We always watch for reviews of his newest book and pre-order it for the library where I work.
    Business Expert

Nov 4, 2007, 04:05 PM
    Thanks for the response Wonder.

I have most if not all of his books and also keep looking for new ones or those that I may have missed. My wife and I enjoy his methods; how he almost always starts his stories with something that has happened in the past. Jumps to the "present" and eventually connects details that occurred in the past to now. I am still a fan, although I have noticed that with several of his latest books he is co-authored and he isn't progressing forward as much as I would like. Also, even though he injected new blood by having new heroes, they are basically the same.

I haven't given up on him tough, I don't think I will. I just returned from a trip to Europe, long trip both ways, I bought several of his books on audio: "Trojan Odyssey" and "Lost City" are two of them. They really helped to pass the time.
    Stringer
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2007, 04:13 PM
    Since you like Cussler, have you read similar authors such as Dale Brown, Michael Crichton, Clive Egleton, Ken Follett, Robert Marcinko, or Michael Connelly?

You'd probably like Follett's Eye of the Needle.
    Business Expert

Nov 4, 2007, 04:40 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    Since you like Cussler, have you read similar authors such as Dale Brown, Michael Crichton, Clive Egleton, Ken Follett, Robert Marcinko, or Michael Connelly?

You'd probably like Follett's Eye of the Needle.
    Thank you, I will look into them, I have read Michael Crichton. I like most of his writing, not so much into the medical mysteries, but most are good. I will try the other aurthors.

Thank you, Wonder
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Nov 4, 2007, 05:20 PM
    The only one of Crichton's (he was born in Chicago) that I liked was Timeline.
    Business Expert

Nov 4, 2007, 08:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl
    The only one of Crichton's (he was born in Chicago) that I liked was Timeline.
    Absolutely loved it my wife and I read it and couldn't put it down. It was one of those books that you just didn't want it to end. Actually, I slowed down when reading it for that reason.

The book was great, so we were especially excited when we saw that it was going to be made into a movie. What a disgrace the movie was, my only guess is that Crichton sold out or had little or no say.
    Stringer
    skunkman44 Posts: 76, Reputation: 5

Jun 19, 2008, 08:58 AM
    My wife and I both love his books.
    Business Expert

Jun 19, 2008, 09:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by skunkman44
    My wife and I both love his books.
    Go look... he has another new one out... Stringer:)
    undergradstu08 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 28, 2008, 12:31 PM

Just graduating in 2009 from college (business admin) Im trying to start a cleaning business, but just not sure how to get started... I want to get a contract, myself or sub-contract and from this point to next... it been a lot of brainstroming and what not. And I Looked all over to find previous postings and thought you were one of the best. So, if you will to teach, (if I will); I'm willing to learn...
    Business Expert

Oct 28, 2008, 01:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by undergradstu08 View Post
    Just graduating in 2009 from college (business admin) Im trying to start a cleaning business, but just not sure how to get started... I want to get a contract, myself or sub-contract and from this point to next... it been alot of brainstroming and what not. And I Looked all over to find previous postings and thought you were one of the best. So, if you will to teach, (if i will); i'm willing to learn...
    Please start your own thread asking this question. It is not allowed to piggyback another thread my friend. I will be more than happy to offer any help or advice that I can but please start a new thread.:) There are many others that will see your thread and can also offer valuable help such as Clough with advertising.

Thank you for the compliment though.

If I do not see your new thread then PM me...

Stringer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search