Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    foxxxy Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 07:08 AM
    I need to ask the court for an Emergency Hearing
    I live in Clark county, Las Vegas, NV

I need to ask the court for an emergency hearing.

On their web page the only "forms" I can find are:

Ex Parte Motion for an Order Shortening Time I have the Motion to Modify Child Custody, Vidsitaiton and Support completed and it is my understanding that I can file the Es parte motion when I I file the Motion to modify to get a hwearing ASAP

MOTION FOR AN EMERGENCY HEARING TO ENFORCE CHILD CUSTODY AND/OR VISITATION ORDER ON AN ORDER SHORTENING TIME A paralegal friend told me to use this one but change enforce to modify.

Can I do either of these? I am a little weary of "just changing the name" of the form.
    AJJWWELLS Posts: 23, Reputation: 5

Nov 4, 2007, 08:12 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by foxxxy

Ex Parte Motion for an Order Shortening Time I have the Motion to Modify Child Custody, Vidsitaiton and Support completed and it is my understanding that I can file the Es parte motion when I I file the Motion to modify to get a hwearing ASAP

MOTION FOR AN EMERGENCY HEARING TO ENFORCE CHILD CUSTODY AND/OR VISITATION ORDER ON AN ORDER SHORTENING TIME A paralegal friend told me to use this one but change enforce to modify.

Can I do either of these? I am a little weary of "just changing the name" of the form.
    If your friend is a Paralegal, I think they would know. If you trust your friend, I think it would be okay. Not to mention almost everything is initiated online now.
    rccastro9057 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 09:33 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by foxxxy

You can file what is called ex parte. And get a hearing within a day or 2 after the filing. Besure you let the other party know either via telephone, in person or somehow that court will be on such a day. If you do not let them know then the hearing will not stand in court in
    tawnynkids Posts: 622, Reputation: 111

Nov 4, 2007, 10:00 AM
    What is the action you are doing specifically? If you are modifying custody or visitation then you need to use the first Ex Parte Motion for an Order Shortening Time... if you are enforcing an order already in place then you would use the Motion For An Emergency Hearing To Enforce Child Custody And/Or Visitation On An Order Shortening Time. The second would be used in such a circumstance that, for example, he/she has had the child for a court ordered visitation time but has not returned the child at the court appointed time and is keeping the child, you would then want to ENFORCE the order and force him/her to return the child but aren't wanting to wait for a normal scheduled court hearing (which can be weeks/months away) and want it to happen now.

The first is used when there is no order in place and you need an order to be established immediately or need it modified immediately because you have, say, a move coming up because of a job that is going to affect the current custody/visitation schedule. Or something like the parent who currently has custody is being ordered to Iraq and will not be able to continue to exercise the custody and you want custody reversed to you before he/she leaves.

It all depends on your reasons for the Ex Parte and current order you have.
    foxxxy Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2007, 10:33 AM
    Thank you,

YOu have all been helpful!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Received court summons in my door and have 2 weeks to court date [ 9 Answers ]

I received a summons on my door for a $5,000 debt to american express. Lawyer office is about 1 1/2 from my home... I am willing to pay the debt, do I have to show up for court? I am going to be out of town and won't be around on the court date... can I call the attorney's office and settle the...

How to request an emergency court hearing [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am in my redemption period on my home I have till April 23 to redeem. I can't redeem cause I have a 2nd mortgage against me for 30,000 that I am working on trying to get removed. I had an attorney since April 2006 he voleteerd to help me. I guess you get what you pay for cause I am no...

Court ordered Mediation vs Court Trial [ 4 Answers ]

Hello again, I'm going into a mediation next month concerning a past credit card debt that I am being sued for. I plan on using the SOL defense as the date of last activity falls past the statute date. Anyhow, I was wondering what the difference between a Court ordered mediation and a normal...

Emergency hearing [ 2 Answers ]

I am a divorced and the primary custodial. Non custodial is in contempt of several actions. Example: non-custodial not respecting the children's rights and getting the children involved in issues and bad mouthing the custodial parent. How can I get an emergency Hearing?

Superior Court and Supreme Court [ 4 Answers ]

Is a "Superior court" the same thing as the "Supreme Court"?

View more questions Search